SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After a couple of years riding sports bikes I have decided to sell up and get back into motards – Having had a 2003 SM610 and a 1994 SM610 in the past it would seem that Husky technology has moved on. Both bikes were a nightmare to start up… especially the 1994 left kicker.
Anyway, have just sold my GSXR 1000K6 and my options are this:

Local Husky dealer has a 2006 ex demo (nearly new) ?

There is a 2005 advertised privately with low kms ?

Or the brand spanker ?

Oh.... the 2005 model is $1000 cheaper than the 2006

Are there any differences between the 2005 model and the 2006? And how does the EFI model compare with the carby model. I know the EFI thing has been done to death :headshake but it would seem the EFI model is a little restrictive with regards to tweaks and mods?

Which way should I go ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
i know the carburated 610 is easily modified and all you would need is jetting to make it run pristine with the corresponding modifications. From what i hear the 610 FI bike may need the computer re-mapped and fuel curves reset as well, this is done electronically and currently i havent heard of any programs one could buy to do this themselves... this being said, if you did decide to mod your bike (like many of us do in an out of control maner) you will be under more down time by sending out your bikes computer and having it tweaked everytime you make a change, and i dont believe these cahnges will be accurate either because you may be one of the first to be doing this with the 610 computer...if you decide to go that route.

Get the carb'd model and ride the hell out of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that - valid points too !!

Is there a difference between the 05 bike and the 06 bike ?

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts