SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first proper four stroke bike and I've just cleaned the standard foam filter and reoiled it for the first time. Any two stroke I've had in the past has recommended using two stroke oil to reoil the filter. As per the manual I decided to use proper filter oil this time. I know a lot of you don't run standard filters (which I may end up doing eventually) but what would you recommend to oil the standard foam filter with?

I was going to buy an aerosol can of filter oil as I reckoned it would be easiest to apply but the person behind the counter recommended a tin of Putoline 'action fluid'. I was told it distributed better (which seemed logical) and cost about £10 (I think that's roughly $20 these days).

I was quite surprised when despite plenty of squeezing I ended up using about half the tin!!

For reference I will be using my bike on the street only (not off road)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
ive used the no toil airfilter oil and cleaner. (its one big kit) Its biodegradeable, good if your wahing your filters in the sink. or ive used PJ1 airfilter oil... anything is really good... om almost thinking that a K&N oil will be sufficient enough for street use on the stock 610 filters. but if you ever want the bike to wake up a bit, use the K&N pod filter. not only does it breathe better, you get to remove 5 lbs of airbox!! its a win win situation!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have never been a fan of foam air filters. I myself have always preferred the long lasting K&N air filter that is alot easier to maintain than the foam filters.

Foam filters do a better job filtering the air but it is not needed for road-riding. All the oil and grease on the seam of filter is too much of a mess and covers your whole air box in it. Foam filters also will get brittle and fall apart much quicker than K&N filters.

I just threw my foam filter away the first time I had to clean it. I went and bought a K&N for $50 and love it. K&N didn't even make a filter for my 2004 TC450 when I made the change. I had to fabricate one to make it work. Cleaning it is a breeze and mess free.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
HEY H.O.,
You need to stock the ru3190 pods for the 610 and youll sell a ton of em. there are too many guys that cant get their hands on em cause of shady dealer/k&n relations... hop to it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank You for the advice. We just released HusqvarnaOutlet.com 3 weeks ago and are working hard on marketing our website to get to the #1 page of search engines for all Husqvarna motorcycle related key words.

We are making a stir in the search engines and are seeing better results than we had anticipated. Give us another month or two of marketing and building popularity w/ search engines and then you will start to see some action.

If the search engines can't find our website, how do you expect husky enthusiasts world-wide to find our site. Please have patience and help us spread the word.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts