SuperMoto Junkie banner

SM Friendly Tracks in Ontario

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  topgun250 
#1 ·
I've just got my drz400sm, and am really interested in doing some track days on it.I've gone to the ontario track days website(not much there yet), but did not see any listings for the mosport RDT short track.I have ridden it before and think it would be the shizzle for SM's. Just wondering what other tracks Shannonville,Cayuga are condusive to riding a SM on and not totally getting killed in long straights?I have not ridden any of the other tracks.Any input would be appreciated, thanks

#2 ·
gixxerseb said:
I've just got my drz400sm, and am really interested in doing some track days on it.I've gone to the ontario track days website(not much there yet), but did not see any listings for the mosport RDT short track.I have ridden it before and think it would be the shizzle for SM's. Just wondering what other tracks Shannonville,Cayuga are condusive to riding a SM on and not totally getting killed in long straights?I have not ridden any of the other tracks.Any input would be appreciated, thanks
Turn2 has a couple of track schools an at least one trackday at the RDT and supposedly 4 trackdays at Cayuga in addition to the 6 or 7 the track itself runs. WNYSportriders.org may run a few this year as they did in 2006.

Lots of trackdays all summer long at Shannonvile and a few of the track setups there would be awesome on a motard.

I've run a few laps on an SM at Cayuga and it looks like fun, but I can't wait to run the RDT.

#4 ·
gixxerseb said:
Hey Guys,
Track day on nelson (shannonville) with our own SM group if there's more than 12. they will cut the nelson for us if we have 12... otherwise it'll be road racing... Check out pro6 for details.. I'm working on getting 6 or more track days at RDT for this season... I have a meeting with Myles at Mosport to work something out... there will be a dirt section too!! please spread the word that this may happen... I will post more info as I get it.. other than that no one else seems to have any track days booked for RDT.. I'm working on it though!! FYI - these will be SM track days only.. no crotch rockets. cheers!

#5 ·
suzuki_102 said:
Hey Guys,
Track day on nelson (shannonville) with our own SM group if there's more than 12. they will cut the nelson for us if we have 12... otherwise it'll be road racing... Check out pro6 for details.. I'm working on getting 6 or more track days at RDT for this season... I have a meeting with Myles at Mosport to work something out... there will be a dirt section too!! please spread the word that this may happen... I will post more info as I get it.. other than that no one else seems to have any track days booked for RDT.. I'm working on it though!! FYI - these will be SM track days only.. no crotch rockets. cheers!
Good luck with Mosport. They are not the easiest to deal with. . .

But I'd love to ride the RDT on a motard.

What do you mean: they will cut the nelson for us if we have 12... otherwise it'll be road racing...?

#6 ·
nelson track days

Do you have any dates set yet? I hope the weather cooperates, this winter crap was funny for a while but now it just bugs me!!!!!:hammer: I have to get out and break that drz in before I take it to a track!!!:

#9 ·
636r said:
Good luck with Mosport. They are not the easiest to deal with. . .

But I'd love to ride the RDT on a motard.

What do you mean: they will cut the nelson for us if we have 12... otherwise it'll be road racing...?
I assume he means they'll let us turn right on the access road before corner 1 but I've done Nelson on an SM & it's fine as it is. Just gear for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.