SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2005 sm 610 and seems that clutch is sticking was wondering where best place to order one?? thanks it 2005 carb model:D

·
Registered
685 Posts
Likely only need the plates with the "stuff" on them, damn can't think of proper terminology.
I trust you have changed the oil relatively recently. And checked the cable for adjustment and wear.
I suggest Halls [though they did send me the wrong woodruff key].

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yh changed oil bout 100 miles ago and cable has been ajusted bike has done 8000 miles not to sure if it has been changed befor as i have only had it 3 months

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome to the world of the 610. They are great machines. But they have a few weaknesses, mostly minor.
Worst is the "Woodruff Key" issue. The right side of the crank drives the counterbalancer via a gear aligned by a woodruff key and behind a 38mm nut that tends to get loose. This looseness is a development of use, big singles do tend to pound themselves to death. The next is the cam chain tends to stretch and ultimately wears on a "reed valve" which is part of the oiling system. Lastly the clutch cable will wear and fray. Do your research on this forum, which will lead you to others [Adventure Rider and Café Husky], knowledge is power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts