SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in a machine shop and i saw the post about the case protector so i decided to make my own. Not because im worried about the chain breaking, but because i have alot of free time at work. :lol: so here it is along with some pics of my bike.

K&N filter mod all crushed in there with relocated brake res.

·
Registered
74 Posts
do you have a blue print for the front spocket cover? I would love to make one too.

DD

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no blueprint devil dog, sorry. i just kinda got a chunk of aluminum and started goin to town on the milling machine. i know goosedog posted something the other day about a custom case saver and he said he has a template that he is willing to send to people. http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=58399

as far as making them goes i dont know if i could really make a bunch of them only because we only have manual machines at work so it takes a good 6 hours on one of those parts. i will think about it or maybe if im bored i could make a couple.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey, what do you have your jetting at? I have the same mods and I'm thinking of playing around with my JD jet kit to see if I can improve on performance. Bike runs good now, but pops and decel quite a bit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, what do you have your jetting at? I have the same mods and I'm thinking of playing around with my JD jet kit to see if I can improve on performance. Bike runs good now, but pops and decel quite a bit.
I actually just purchased my husky about 3 weeks ago. As i bought it, it came with the leo vince installed by the guys local dealer and the same with the jet kit. i added the k&n filter. as of right now all i know about the jetting is what i found written on a paper that came with the bike. apparently this was written by the mechanic that did the jetting.

Main - 202
Pilot - 42
Needle - Red
Clip Position - 5th
Leak Jet - 70
Fuel Screw - 2 and 1/4th
Starter Jet - 85

So yeah thats what it says on the paper. If thats what's really goin on, im not sure. sooner or later maybe i will play with it but for now it feels great. mine pops and shoots a good 8in. flame out the exhaust when decelerating. did that before and after the k&n filter. either way hope this might help ya out a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts