SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

have Husqvarna SM 510 R crankcase breather or just only head breather?

Have you any picture of oil catch tank on SM 510 R? Can I use only pipe with filter?

Thanks.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I ran mine into a K&N mini breather, drilled a hole in the main filter plate, and mounted it alongside like a little cousin. Works a treat and stops oily air going back into the intake.

The hole left in the intake I blanked and wired in place with a specific alloy blanking plug..

Easy job and no more oily stuff getting sucked by the intake vacuum. The motor can suck/blow :anim_peep: in neutral airspace.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Moto66,

thanks for quick reply.

It looks like super easy and function solutions :thumbup: Don't have problem with filter clogging?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hello Moto66,

thanks for quick reply.

It looks like super easy and function solutions :thumbup: Don't have problem with filter clogging?
No no clogging that I've seen. It's K&N so you can wash and refit anyway. If you pop that little filter end in your mouth you can breath through it easily. Just make sure there's no kinks(bends) in the hose that might restrict flow. The hole that the breather did go through into the rubber intake is real small at the bottom anyway so it can only be an improvement for not too much ££'s.

Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No no clogging that I've seen. It's K&N so you can wash and refit anyway. If you pop that little filter end in your mouth you can breath through it easily. Just make sure there's no kinks(bends) in the hose that might restrict flow. The hole that the breather did go through into the rubber intake is real small at the bottom anyway so it can only be an improvement for not too much ££'s.

Good luck :thumbup:
Ok, thanks again! : )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts