SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 DRZ400SM with a stock exhaust. Does anyone know of a good slip on exhaust that doesn't require me to re-jet my bike? I know a full exhaust is the way to go but I don't have $400 for a full MRD and another $200 to have the shop re-jet it. The guy I bought this bike from says it has a JD jet kit in it but I don't know jack about jetting.

I am looking for something that has a pretty good rumble to it but not annoying.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You won't have to rejet with any slip-on exhaust. A decent quiet muffler is the FMF Q4 but they can be kinda pricey.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slip on exhaust

Thanks for the info. I'm concerned about the rejetting. Some say with just a slip on that it's not necessary but some folks say they did a rejet and noticed a big difference.

·
Registered
169 Posts
even a rejet without a new exhaust you'll notice a difference....

imo you should rejet after a new exhaust, but you don't really need to... maybe plan a rejet sometime in the future? find a dirt bike buddy and have him help you out for some beers or something.

·
Registered
366 Posts
get a slip on that you can put a header on later and rejet because the drz runs lean from the factory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts