SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the key in the on position the brakelight is constantly on. I can get parking lights in the parking light key position, but can't seem to get the brakelights to stay off so they can actuate with either of the switches.

I checked the connections from the switches, and the function of the switches with my multimeter, checks good for switch function, no shorts here.

called dealer i bought it from in KY because my closest dealer is in Atlanta 360 miles away. Shop guy said tray wiggling the wires abit and re seating the plugs throughout the harness looking for a missed conection or pinched wire somewhere. tried this as suggested and nothing.

the only thing i found out of the ordinary was wire coloring going into main harness from rt side handlebar control subharness. When you check the colors coming out of the front brake switch you get green for ground and wite/red for power the other side of the 12 pin plug that only uses 8 pins? matches up the green but turns into red/blue

I'm wondering if my harness is pinned wrong. If anyone already has their front fender and headlight shroud off, or wouldn't mind taking 5-10 minutes to do so could give me a pin by pin with colors it would be appreciated, i'd like it if cars driving behind me could see a brakelight intensity change to know that i'm slowing down before they rear end me.

btw this is my new '07 sm610 with less than 200 miles. I recieved it with the brakelight this way which my wife failed to tell me about (she followed me home in the dark after pickup) until 3 days after recieving the bike.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Have you pulled the brake light itself out yet? The wires to the taillight are really easy to pinch as it goes together, and I know quite a few people had issues with those wires. I did it to myself after replacing a bulb, but mine was blowing a fuse and killing the starter, gauges, and all lights. Definately worth checking though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Also, in case you haven't found it, there is a wiring diagram in the back of your owner's manual

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last page yes see it, plus i've looked at the diagram from the service manual.

problem is the wire colors are inconsistant.

Tahnks for the tips though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts