SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a '08 yamaha wr250x and you order the yamaha 'one size fits all' axle slider kit from motostrano or supermoto eginerring they dont fit. hahha.

you can take the parts and buy new rods and fab something up, but pretty much they dont work at all as delivered.

both rods are too short front and back.
neither of the spools fit inside the axles on any side, front or rear.

like i said, plan on taking the parts and making your own until something real comes along....

cost me almost $100 bucks for these things with shipping and wanting them blue.... and now i gotta spend $20 at home depot to make them work. ugh.

id deal with 'customer service' but i need them now!! i was just hoping they were correct with their one size fits all for yamaha.... oh well. price i pay for being the first again with a new bike....

new owners, there ya go!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, sorry if the tone was nasty. it was written in haste. a little trip to home depot and i made them work right. so that is cool.

my issues were that they say they fit all yamaha and they dont.
that the parts included arent really 'all' of them if youre gonna make it that way.

this is my 3rd set of sliders i have bought from sme through motostrano and i have been totally happy till now.

all in all great, just dont be prepared for true 'bolt on' for this bike, just yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rowdy Post some pics of some more of your mods as you get them completed please.I am getting mine in June.Parts may be out by then but I would like to keep up with mods so I can get some stuff for it before it shows up.Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts