SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been forever since I got on my race SM bike. Had to do a complete rebuild on it, then tore the ACL, and so the bike's been sitting for (this hurts to say) over 2 years. I'm getting it back onto the track and I need a fresh set of slicks.

Motostrano can't hook me up, but they did suggest a distributor in Mississippi. So my question to you fine folks is.... where are you guys getting your slicks these days? And are there SM specific slicks (can't believe I don't know the answer to that). What's the skinny?? Point me the way, fellow tarders!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EEK! The guys at Race Tire Service in Mississippi are sold out of SM slicks. Gad. Hopefully someone can point me to a place to spend some money...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have no idea, but let me know when you find some.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Tires Unlimited in Dayton, OH? I think they've got Michelins.

Race Tire Services had Dunlops on clearance. That sale must have went well.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Race Tire Services had Dunlops on clearance. That sale must have went well.
do you have any contact info for race tire? i couldnt find anything on google

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just called Race Tire Service in Mississippi. No dice. Sold out. 800.772.8473. I'll contact Tires Unlimited now and report back.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tires Unlimited in Dayton also a bust. Wow. I had no idea it would be this tricky to find a set of slicks. EEK!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! Will be ordering tomorrow. I want grooved slicks since this is a track only bike and most of its time is at Circleville where there is (at least WAS) a dirt section.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
i get my slicks from factory pro racing..... in fact i just ordered a new Bridgestone rear med cut slick just 3 mins ago and itll be at my house in the morning :bannana:

they deliver nationwide via fedex so give them a call as ive found that the bridgestone cut slicks are epic tires to run on....

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Again Gang!

Slicks are now headed my way from Factory Pro Racing. 325 for the set. Soft front, medium groove rear. Looking forward to seeing how they feel. :bannana: The guy on the phone sounded pretty cool and I'm glad you guys sent me that way. Peace OUT!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Slicks are now headed my way from Factory Pro Racing. 325 for the set. Soft front, medium groove rear. Looking forward to seeing how they feel. :bannana: The guy on the phone sounded pretty cool and I'm glad you guys sent me that way. Peace OUT!
You will NOT regret getting these tires!
The med cut front is awesome and confidence inspiring, so idk how awesome the soft front will be!
I just got almost 2k street miles on the med rear.... The same as the stock pirrelli! :O

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
you say your running them for street use? any complaints?
Zero complaints at all! They heated up quick ad stayed nice and hot, the best tires I've ever used on the street!
The rear lasts about 1800-2000 miles depending on how you ride and the front is looking better than the stock pirrelli did at the same mileage!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks. I have 003's right now. They are like velcro. I will try a set of those next set. After the Gap next month, it will be that time...:D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I run shinko slicks and have no issues what so ever with them. They last long and hold heat. So far very predictable. I order all my tires through Forrest at www.Wheelingcyclesupply.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts