SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What size allen wrench do i need to get off the oil drain plug on the right side of an '07 SM 610?

btw just finished 1st valve adj. correctly this time followed by 10 min ride to confirm nothing came loose this time, and went right into my oil change. I got too excited and started to the bike without the fill plug on to cycle oil through the new filter to check oil level, and it all came spurting out.

I was thinking to myself, holy shit thats a terrible oil leak!

anyways, I can't get enough oil out of the left side alone after over filling, I suppose I should stop being a bitch and take off the left side bag filter cover.

Or your input on an allen wrench size could suffice for now...

·
Registered
295 Posts
you've done an oil change without emptying the right side?! thats where the majority of the oil comes from. what you typed doesnt really make sense, lol. i think its around a 9 or 10mm, not 100% sure tho

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you've done an oil change without emptying the right side?! thats where the majority of the oil comes from. what you typed doesnt really make sense, lol. i think its around a 9 or 10mm, not 100% sure tho
yes, I have changed most of the oil and cleaned the left side bag filter, where in my opinion most of the oil comes from. and still filled up with most of 2 qts.

the first oil change that I did at either 100 or 150 miles had alot of stuff in the bag filter, and this one at 600 miles only had one small metallic particle that was visible upon removal.

·
Registered
961 Posts
yes, I have changed most of the oil and cleaned the left side bag filter, where in my opinion most of the oil comes from. and still filled up with most of 2 qts.

the first oil change that I did at either 100 or 150 miles had alot of stuff in the bag filter, and this one at 600 miles only had one small metallic particle that was visible upon removal.
It's a 10 mm.

That plug has a magnetic tip, so popping it out and cleaning it is good to do.

My first oil change had all kinds of crap on the left filter and the paper
filter; assembly lube bits, metallic particles (small & moderate sized) and the magnetic tip plug had quite a bit of particles adhered to it.

After that, the left side bag screen and paper filter were much cleaner, I checked the right side bag screen at the 3rd oil/filter change and it was spotless.

Even though our bikes (610 SM) have 3 filters and a magentic plug, I take no chances with any of them, and inspect the bag screens frequently, which I think is a smart thing to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts