SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow riders,
ive been cruising this site for a while, i love checking out your rides and mods. i dont have a bike on the road currently but i am hoping to have one within the year. i come from a sport bike back round almost all of my riding has been on the street and ive been on the track a couple times. i took a short version of the freddy spencers school of speed (which was awesome by the way). im looking for some advice on buying a bike. so here is my backround and what i want out of my next bike. i have not riddin a supermoto but i have all the shops in town calling me when the first one hits there floor. i know im going to like the ride position more than my last bike which was a XB12R buell. i want to wheelie like crazy, i want to do some easy trail riding and alot of dirtroad stuff but mostly i am going to be on the cement. i dont know about the bigger motards wont they be a handfull in the trails? how big should i go? from what i understand the drz400sm should be a user friendly bike. does everyone agree or should i try something alittle differant? im not a tall guy so are there lowering kits for supermotos has anyone lowered there bike ( i dont want it to be super low i just would like to be able to put a foot on the ground, im 5'8) thanks for your help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
supermoto bikes are alot lower than motocross bikes to start with. i dont think you will have any problem getting your feet on the ground with a stock drz.:thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts