SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here looking to build something unique?

I've got a complete single-sided swingarm setup, just removed this morning from a Hawk GT. Includes the spindle, axle assembly, all that good stuff - everything but the brake setup. That can be added back in easily, and you can run a stock HawkGT wheel, or with some minor mods, a Ducati or VFR rim.

Want to go further? :)

I've also got a set of WIRE spoked wheels, a couple dozen miles on them at most, flawless condition. The rear hub was custom milled to fit the HawkGT, and is a one-of-a-kind. Hub was powdercoated black, laced to an Excel rim, which was custom drilled to fit. Gorgeous piece of work.
http://www.hawkfan4life.com/AdventureHawk/rearwheel.jpg

The matching front utilizes a CRF450 hub.
http://www.hawkfan4life.com/AdventureHawk/frontwheel.jpg

Not that the brake rotor has been sold seperately.

Also note there is currently no rear brake provision. Fabricating one will be as simple as having a brake disk drilled to match the rear sprocket bolt patter, bolting it up using some spacers, and mounting a small caliper to the swingarm to the left side of the sprocket .. in other words, some fabrication will be required.

These wheels are "as new", and set me back $1950 for the pair, not including the D607's. Absolutely gorgeous. $1750 for the wheels and swingarm assembly and I'll pay shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states. Street-legal moto trades considered, located in Milwaukee WI.

Email me direct. [email protected]

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
... I'm dreaming, but indulge me here... I'm thinking a 700FI quad motor, turbo'd, in a XR650R fram, crf front end, and a single sided swingarm, plus a bunch of new CF body parts from those crazy cat's up in canada. nnnnGEEEEeeeee......

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
HawkGT fan here.... now you got me thinking.. i have an extra swingarm for my hawk.. and i have a CR500..... hmmmm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been thinking of some crazy ideas like this myself. I bought the whole rear off a 97 VFR 750 last year. I had originally thought I'd put it on my CR500 AFC but ended up using the marchesini's. I'm thinking now of putting it on my RZ350. My dream is to make it motard though but I think it's best to swap out the frame. So in the end I have a RZ350 motor and a VFR rear end. What would you guys use for a front end and frame? This is fun.

Cheers,
brian

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I've been thinking of some crazy ideas like this myself. I bought the whole rear off a 97 VFR 750 last year. I had originally thought I'd put it on my CR500 AFC but ended up using the marchesini's. I'm thinking now of putting it on my RZ350. My dream is to make it motard though but I think it's best to swap out the frame. So in the end I have a RZ350 motor and a VFR rear end. What would you guys use for a front end and frame? This is fun.

Cheers,
brian
RC51 SP2 forks.

as for the frame.. id say HawkGT, but then the VFR arm wont work, might as well use the Hawks SSSA....

next thought was a older CBR, because you can make the VFR swingarm work.....but then you have a big heavy bike.. thats no fun.

maybe a 2stroke GP bike... and register the frame as homebuilt? :hmmm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts