SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I got a WR-X.

Awesome goddam bike. It really makes the DR-Z feel like an old-school moto. Love the FI, love the suspension, love the brakes, love the light weight.

I finally got most of the stickers (and reflectors) off last night, so I'll have to go for another photo run to show the current state. :D

That's two bikes that I have now in Yamaha blue, and I don't even like blue. Well, if they start making aftermarket plastic tanks, that'll be the catalyst for a color change.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, if the cool kids jumped off of a cliff, I'd do it, too! :p

Down the road from where I work (Genentech South City campus).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep looks like a nice bike. I can't wait to get mine. I keep telling the wife next spring I'm getting one. She keeps saying no. But she dosn't know I've been secretly saving up money for a big down payment for when I put my order in next Feb. She does all the bills and pretty much controls the check book so I've been stashing cash. I know its sad. Cool bike man.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
you know with her life insurance policy you could get whatever bike you wanted

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She does all the bills and pretty much controls the check book
I'd probably be a lot better off if my husband did that. But he doesn't, and I have the bike... ;)

How much did you get it for?
Posted in the How Much thread. :)

until they become yellow/khaki/beige color plastics....
Exactly. I like me a pretty white streetbike, but this one is going to get dirty.

welcome to the cool kid club!! talking to one of the founding members!
Yep, I read your posts when I was deciding on which low-displacement DP/SM to get. :) I like to be the one just after the first ones in line. ;)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
great lookin bike, i would think that with it being such a low displacement bike that it would be around 250lbs. but i have heard that those bike is around 280 or so. only around 15lbs. lighter than the drz sm. but oh well nice bike anyways

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
was that in referance to the drz or the wrx.? i have heard great things for the wrx but both are heavy weights when compaired to every other bike out there. as the saying goes: we are ALL in the same boat but i think the DRZ has the oars!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The CRF230L is a bit lighter, but it's a CRF230.

It really doesn't feel like it's the same weight as a DR-Z, although it's close on paper. It just carries its weight so much better. A plastic tank would save a little, though, and I'll be happy to have the option. ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congrats on the new bike RG!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts