SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I am finaly starting riding supermoto and i am rigging my old CRF and I am planing to put a 5" rear on it.

anyone that wants to share there spacing between chain, wheel and swingarm!

The rims are off my old husky, but they fit, only need a husky 07- rear disc! and partly husky setup in front!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, got a couple of pics of mine, has a 5 in rear. Enjoy

Wheels were laced up by East Coast and the chain only rubs the tire a little bit. Hope this helps or is what you were lookin for, Thx Jared

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not a SM, but it is a CRF450R with a 5" rear wheel. It has about 1/4" clearance when sitting still, but the Pirelli flexes enough that it rubs slightly under load. A Bridgestone slick has close to the same clearance, but it has a stiffer sidewall. I haven't run the slicks on the track yet, so I don't know if they will wear a little better.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
5.0 rear factoryproracing wheels.....160 pilot 2ct...... x-ring chain...slight rub and i mean slight.....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Not a SM, but it is a CRF450R with a 5" rear wheel. It has about 1/4" clearance when sitting still, but the Pirelli flexes enough that it rubs slightly under load. A Bridgestone slick has close to the same clearance, but it has a stiffer sidewall. I haven't run the slicks on the track yet, so I don't know if they will wear a little better.

WTF is this thing? a dirt bike with sport bike fairings?

·
Registered
191 Posts
WTF is this thing? a dirt bike with sport bike fairings?
I guess that would be one description. It's a new class that WERA is running this year. 450cc singles with stock frame and swingarm. Most of the other stuff is wide open, but the expectation is for pretty close racing. On paper, the formula looks pretty appealing. Mid 50 HP range and around 230 lb, while being easier to obtain than something like a TZ or RS250/125.

http://www.450moto.com/

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
5.0 rear factoryproracing wheels.....160 pilot 2ct...... x-ring chain...slight rub and i mean slight.....
Your CRF looks great..you use skate wheels on the axles...im looking for some cheap wheels..the skate shops around only have expensive wheels...Just one thing i hate on your bike: blinkers/tail lights...get some Leds :D These were 17 euros with license support and are CE/DOT approved...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
led's are inside the housing's......tail/turn's.......i like it......my skateboard wheels were 22 bucks.....i had to have the graphics

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yeahh...they asked me 45 euros ?!??!? for some bla bla bla pro wheels...yeah, right..they are for crashing , not to spin :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Random question here.... what is the swingarm length on a CRF450?
I keep thinking that a CRF450 based motard would look cool as hell with the single sided Pro-Arm swinger from various Honda models. There must be some sort of technical hurdle or I'm sure someone would have done it by now....

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's a little more than 23 inches (around 59.5cm) from the pivot to the axle, +/- an inch or so depending on where the axle is positioned.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great, thansk everyone!!

Great respons! Lots off nice bikes, but any 250F?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah I am finaly starting riding supermoto and i am rigging my old CRF and I am planing to put a 5" rear on it.

anyone that wants to share there spacing between chain, wheel and swingarm!

The rims are off my old husky, but they fit, only need a husky 07- rear disc! and partly husky setup in front!

Is the rear rim and hub from a husky? if so what year and what type of spacers are you running?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the rear rim and hub from a husky? if so what year and what type of spacers are you running?
The hubs are Talon husky 2002-2008 rims! In the front I use KTM 25mm to 20mm spacers caouse husky run 25mm axsels in front and Honda use 20mm!

The rear fits without any mod, I have not mounted any discs yet, so I have not made any spacers yet, but they will be coustom!

·
Registered
28 Posts

Oh for heaven sakes I want that!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Dumb question (I am new) is the chunking in the rear tire from chain slap?
not no more......the damage has been done:thumbup:......nothing to worry about at all.......i run a x-ring chain so it does not slap as bad and nead attention like a non-x-o ring needs

1 - 20 of 23 Posts