SuperMoto Junkie banner

481 - 500 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts

Not nearly as epic as alot of you guys, but this was me hitting dragons tail this last year. Left my dude and his r1 behind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
A little supersport action from last year before I totaled this bike. I go back and forth between supersport and SM, but damn, I never had a crash on an SM that I couldn't pick it up and keep going. In 2 years I destroyed $20K worth of supersports. Gotta quit that habit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A little supersport action from last year before I totaled this bike. I go back and forth between supersport and SM, but damn, I never had a crash on an SM that I couldn't pick it up and keep going. In 2 years I destroyed $20K worth of supersports. Gotta quit that habit.

i was rocking those same cortech boots, they're cheap but hold up quite well! went down on my sumo XR650R while trying to drift a corner in the rain, bike went down and on my ankle, dragged me about 20+ feet, boot held up great, little tear on the leather and some shredded/melted plastic guards. but i walked away with nothing but a bruised ankle haha. had i not been wearing the boots, i guarantee i probably would not have been walking for quite a while and missing a good chunk of ankle bone.

·
Registered
819 Posts
i was rocking those same cortech boots, they're cheap but hold up quite well! went down on my sumo XR650R while trying to drift a corner in the rain, bike went down and on my ankle, dragged me about 20+ feet, boot held up great, little tear on the leather and some shredded/melted plastic guards. but i walked away with nothing but a bruised ankle haha. had i not been wearing the boots, i guarantee i probably would not have been walking for quite a while and missing a good chunk of ankle bone.
I had a total of 5 crashes on those cortech boots. After the last one I mercifully retired them. Got some RST boots for this season.

·
Registered
63 Posts

SM has kinda taken over for me since I only ride track now, trying to bring my self to sell my gsxr but it's a hard to think about it lol I've put alot of work In to my ss bike to get it to preform on track :/

·
Registered
63 Posts
SM has kinda taken over for me since I only ride track now, trying to bring my self to sell my gsxr but it's a hard to think about it lol I've put alot of work In to my ss bike to get it to preform on track :/
Plus if I sold it I'd probably just end up dumping the 4k into my yz and have a super supermoto lol 10k smr worth 4k that's brilliant

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also what size tires you running?

Running the Michelin Pilot Power 3 120 front 160 rear on the SXV. 180 is too big for a supermoto at the gap. Even with a 5.5 wheel the 160 is perfect. I am building a KTM 500 EXC hopefully I get some good pictures riding it at the Gap.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Running the Michelin Pilot Power 3 120 front 160 rear on the SXV. 180 is too big for a supermoto at the gap. Even with a 5.5 wheel the 160 is perfect. I am building a KTM 500 EXC hopefully I get some good pictures riding it at the Gap.
That's my exact setup on my 690. Power 3 120 and 160

481 - 500 of 527 Posts