·
Registered
92 Posts
My street 'tard

Reactions: TimberMoto

·
Registered
13 Posts
Temperatures are starting to dip into the mid 40's for my 5:30 AM commute, so there might not be much left to this riding season. I picked up a set of hand guards which will hopefully block some of wind and make it more tolerable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Temperatures are starting to dip into the mid 40's for my 5:30 AM commute, so there might not be much left to this riding season. I picked up a set of hand guards which will hopefully block some of wind and make it more tolerable.

View attachment 155286
Nothing quite like freezing your butt off on the way to work, lol. Heated gear is definitely something I'd like to get someday.

I'd pick up a pair of glove liners. Nothing worse than cold hands.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts

View attachment 155286
What state are you in, and how did u get that street titled?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nothing quite like freezing your butt off on the way to work, lol. Heated gear is definitely something I'd like to get someday.

I'd pick up a pair of glove liners. Nothing worse than cold hands.

Yeah, no kidding. I suffer through the mornings so that I can enjoy the ride home when the temps are in the mid to low 70's.

I need to look into heated gear. The worst part is cold hands. I have a really ugly pair of Joe Rocket winter riding gloves that I got my from my local dealer. They keep my hands warm for the first ~15 minutes of an hour long ride.

What state are you in, and how did u get that street titled?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I'm in North Carolina. The bike is a 450L, so it's street titled from the factory. I'd love to convert a 450R or RX.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fully compliant 500AF. All the bells, all the whistles. Even has a horn. Just bought a high output adjustable stator plate that doesn't need a key way mod and a very tasty smart carb 2. LED blinkers to combat the inevitable vibrating blowing anything incandescent. Head lights are barely acceptable, but considering it wheelies in third, I reckon night vision goggles are about the only way you'll see where you are going at night.

The loom was supplied by Vancouver SM way back in 2011. The battery is a 12v Polish medical equipment battery. Full reg/rec recharge, but essentially a semi loss light circuit right now and a regular system with the high stator.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fully compliant 500AF. All the bells, all the whistles. Even has a horn. Just bought a high output adjustable stator plate that doesn't need a key way mod and a very tasty smart carb 2. LED blinkers to combat the inevitable vibrating blowing anything incandescent. Head lights are barely acceptable, but considering it wheelies in third, I reckon night vision goggles are about the only way you'll see where you are going at night.

The loom was supplied by Vancouver SM way back in 2011. The battery is a 12v Polish medical equipment battery. Full reg/rec recharge, but essentially a semi loss light circuit right now and a regular system with the high stator.

Maybe look into a Baja Designs Squadron headlight. Not cheap, but bright as heck.

·
Registered
2 Posts

2007 KTM EXC 450
California plated, fully street legal (sans horn), Warp9 Elite wheels, Pilot Powers, JD jet, uncorked exhaust, Moose radiator guards, IMS 2.9gal tank, factory KTM fan (modded to front/pusher), Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bars, Scott’s stabilizer, Cycra Pro Bend guards.
It was my D37 race bike until I converted it to motard a couple weeks ago. It’s never going back... too much fun. I’ll just have to buy another bike for off-road. I’ve been shredding canyons the past 2 weeks, and taking it to the track in the morning. Hands down my favorite bike in my stable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe look into a Baja Designs Squadron headlight. Not cheap, but bright as heck.

No point. The regular light coil output is completely shit and would never power it. I doubt even the uprated one would chuck enough Watts at the problem.

4761 - 4770 of 4770 Posts