SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i was riding in my typical urban moto place today, behind a grocery store. Then some guy starting following me in a newer Honda Ridgeline. Any ways, as i was pulling around he started getting closer and closer, until he was feet away. I was pretty pissed at this point, so i gunned it and left him in the dust. I pulled around to the front of the store, and parked. I went into the store. I asked the store manager if he sent anybody, and he said no, and he actually enjoyed my stunts. When i walked back out, i saw my bike was tipped over, and the man was standing next to it. I walk up and go "Excuse me, can i help you?" In a sarcastic manner, and he suddenly starts screaming at me with every vulgarity ive ever heard, and something about how his kids are sleeping for tests tomorrow, may i remind you its 7pm ish. Kinda sounded like a Marine Corp drill instructor, but with more F-Bombs. Im irritated at this point, and with testosterone in my vains, i respond, "YOU DIDNT HAVE TO TIP MY BIKE, YOU F*CKING DOUCHE ***"[sorry for the vulgarity] He kicked my bike on the seat, i dont think he was expecting it to weigh so much, and he almost fell backward. Then he stormed back to his car, meanwhile i picked up my bike and kicked it over, and thankfully it started ASAP, then i looked back at the guy and he was rustling through the backseat of his truck. Then it hit me, that he could be going for a gun or bat or something. I got on my bike and gunned it out of there. And checked in my mirror to see him holding something the size of gun, and black in color. But i could not be 100% sure. And believe me, i know my guns.
I plan on going back [in my car] tomorrow, and talking to the store manager, to see if he came in or anything.
But do you think I should file police report? This is 100% how it happened, thats why i included the vulgarity, and the time of day is right.

·
Registered
771 Posts
id try to get him or his vehicle on video, or go back around 1am with more noise and Forrest Gump it outa there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was not there so it is hard to say...but at least a report will document what occured in case anything further happens....

Better to be the one reporting it, then having him telling the cops some story about a crazy motorman tearing up the streets.:headscrat

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know, I think they can give you a reckless driving ticket if they catch you?? But I'm not sure about if someone says that you were doing stunts, maybe ask the manager if he would sign something saying it's ok.

Then try and see if there are cameras outside that caught the guy screwing with your bike. If the cameras did catch him his accoutability for telling the cops what you were doing would be out the window.

I would make his ins. pay for every scratch that he may or may not have caused.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Should have never stopped at the store. You knew he was there.

Other than that, you should have called the police the minute you saw your bike laying on the ground with him next to it. I'd surely would have wanted to slam my helmet against his face.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yea, you showed some pretty good restraint. I would be beyond pissed if someone knocked my bike over and then had the audacity to kick it in front of me!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yea thanks, ill go to the police dept tomorrow and fill out some paperwork, Now that i think about it, it was kinda stupid going into the store, but i honestly thought he sent someone. they dont have real cameras, there fake, but better safe then sorry. And i got verbal permission a while back, its private property. Ill ask if i can mow the stores lawn, and bring my friends un-baffled straight pipe riding mower, mow when they close at midnight. Kidding...Im a lover not a fighter.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I would definitely file a report, but leave out the word "stunting" and replace it with something less hooliganish, like "practicing emergency maneuvers" or "evasive safety maneuvers" and inform the store owner of your intentions before you do and ask for his support (if he doesn't mind/enjoys your stunting then he should understand/offer you support). If you do it this way and state that you had prior consent of the store owner (again, verify this with him beforehand) then you are truly the "innocent victim" in the police officers eyes, and they should do what they can to assist you. You might also mention that you were considering becoming an MSF instructor and wanted to brush up on your slow speed skills, which is the reason for using a private lot (with permission) to practice the aforementioned maneuvers.

I would also ask the store owner if he knows or has seen that person based on the description. Since the perpetrator mentioned that his kids were sleeping, it shouldn't be too hard to find his residence (must be in the area) by the truck.....in which case the police should have no trouble identifying him.....and in the worst case, they do nothing, then maybe something bad will happen to his car/home.....maybe.....you know.....karma-like.....:anim_peep:

I had someone attempt a "try and kill me" move on the way into work today.....I hate those f'ing d-bags....:headshake

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't lie about anything to the cops, when they figure it out, you won't have any credibility with them, and just write you off as some punk. There is nothing illegal about stunting on private property with their consent, although the exhaust might not be legal. Like was said, he must live close, find out more about him, and report him, and go from there. Leave any retaliation till after the cops have done what they are going to do.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i totally agree. in all of my experiences with the police, who ever writes the complaint first, the cops generally side with them. so it becomes his word against yours. you should also put in your report that he went to his vehicle and returned with an object that resembled a firearm. i know that each state differs in their gun laws, but here in reno, even with an open carry law, if someone brandishes a firearm when it is not a matter of self defense, the shit really hit the fan for them.

dont let these anti-riding neo nazis get the upper hand. all the ones i encounter think someone who rides a supermoto is just a hooligan:lol:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Do not lie to the cops. As said before once they find out you were having "fun" your credibility goes to nill.

You showed amazing control. You should be proud of yourself. I having a feeling most of us we have lost it and pounded the guy. And all that does is lead to trouble. Lawyer costs start at $250 and up an hour haha!

I can see someone being upset about loud noises, etc. if their kids were asleep, 7pm seems a tad early though. However, being a man and asking you to quit is one thing, destroying property takes it too far. For some reason cars have begun speeding down my residential street. Do I speak my mind if their windows are down...HELL yes, my kid is on the sidewalk as well as the other neighborhood kids riding bikes. Do I f-up their cars...NO as much as I may want to cause I know I am a punk if I do. Oh and to bring a gun into it just shows the amount of pussies there are nowadays.

File that report.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just a thought

I would go back around the same time. When the guy starts following you around, call the cops. Leave the bike outside and go in the store. LET THE COPS SEE HIM be a d bag.

Do not strike him or his property or you will be just as guilty as he is.

David

·
Registered
452 Posts
Honesty the Police report isnt going to do much for ya. You said he may live close by b/c he said his kids were sleeping etc.
Screw that ass-hole. Id try and find his house where his car is parked. He didnt give much about knocking you bike over.....so Id screw his car up a bit......:bannana:

·
Registered
366 Posts
dude if its a major grocery store they have video. ask one of the managers if they can check. im not a cop caller but dude that guy was outta controll and could hurt someone. drive around in the area in your car and try to find his house also it should be right around there because he said you woke up his kids. i had a guy rip of my tail light one time when he was ridding by on his beach cruiser he got riped off of it by the hoodie he had on pretty quick. hahaha, dont do anything to his property because he will know it was you unless he pisses people off on the daily.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Definitley report it to your local PD. You showed amazing restraint, I'm impressed.:thumbup:

The guy has some major anger issues and chances are he's been booked before or has a probation officer that would love to hear about this.
You practicing "bike maneuvers" and the manager saying it's ok on his store property makes it perfectly legal.

Chasing a bike with a truck out of anger is not legal at all. Nor is kicking it over.
Again nice job not knocking is teeth out and getting a trumped up assault charge.

If he pulled that shit with an officer on a motorcycle he'd get shot multiple times.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts