SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
have been doing some research into this and i'm pretty sure a 2006 Yamaha FZ1 brake lever should fit. not seen it done yet but it looks identical and people have also used in the Husqvarnas.

as for a clutch, the best idea is to use a zeta universal clutch lever and perch or something similar.

if you get the FZ1 brake lever - let us know how it fits and post some pics

or i may do it at some point

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I used a universal short clutch perch/lever setup I got from my local cycle gear, works pretty well, but I haven't been able to find anything for the brake. Best bet is to find a bike with after market support that uses the same front brake master. I've tried to match the lever at cycle gear, but nothing in the store matched the arm that actuates the brake switch.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
have been doing some research into this and i'm pretty sure a 2006 Yamaha FZ1 brake lever should fit. not seen it done yet but it looks identical and people have also used in the Husqvarnas.

as for a clutch, the best idea is to use a zeta universal clutch lever and perch or something similar.

if you get the FZ1 brake lever - let us know how it fits and post some pics

or i may do it at some point
I'm going off my vague memory of what the lever looked like, the arm for the brake switch does look to be the same. I may try this soon, thanks for the post :thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
i'm thinking of trying it soon too.

i've got my eye on a Pazzo lever on ebay

failing that i may get a Titax Lever for the FZ1 similar to the Pazzo just cheaper

and i may get a Zeta Clutch Perch

What was involved in fitting the Clutch Perch - was it easy? i've head some people having problems

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi guys,

I am looking for short, 2-finger brake and clutch levers for my BMW Xmoto, preferably foldable. Any suggestions? Thanks

Erman (ISTANBUL)
It doesn't get much easier than doing it yourself. Here are mine, cut down, painted and drilled.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I always cut my stock ones down on my MX bikes. Helps keep them from breaking, and if they do, they are cheap to replace.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
ok I'm working on finding us a lever that works. I already know that the asv F3 and f1 clutch levers and perches will fit with very minor modification (which i still intend on posting here as soon as I get everything figured out). It looks like we share a master cylinder with the sm610 guys (buddy has an 06sm610 and I can verify the levers are identical) and they're saying that the 06 fz1 lever works, which "Rossi1981" already informed us. I Just got off the phone with ASV, ordered up a shorty fz1 refurbished lever (HALF PRICE!) and I hope to have something for you guys soon.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
well, looks like the brake lever from on 06 fz1 does indeed word. Required a little bit of drilling also, but I snapped the pics. Will snap a pic of where to drill the clutch lever when I get home from work and post up for you guys. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well, bored at work so here are the pictures. You can click all the thumbnails for the full size photo.

Before I start I will say that you WILL need to modify the lever you purchase, so I suggest that if you're going to get an ASV, that you purchase a refurb since modifying your lever will more than likely void your warranty, and that I am obviously not responsible for how you modify your lever. I'm simply sharing what it took to make my lever work on my bike.

we've got the two levers next to one another

as you can see the opening on the stock lever is MUCH larger than the ASV lever. The lever fit fine like this but it would slam the brakes within the first 1/4 inch of movement, so it was not even actuating the brake light switch.

I hit it with a 5/16" drill bit at first to widen the opening, then a 1/4" bit to open up the middle some more. You want to go slow, and you don't want to actually drill to the bottom of that hole. I went about 1/3 of the way with the 5/16" bit, then 2/3 of the way in with the 1/4" BE CAREFUL, AND TAKE YOUR TIME.

Voila!!

it looks a little weird with the clutch lever I'm using, I had to use the f3 lever for ATV's because the dirt bike F1 lever did not allow for enough adjustment on the clutch, and I ended up having to really rig it up and I wasn't comfortable with it rigged up.

I will add the modifications to the clutch lever later. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sorry for taking so long to get the pics up on the clutch side. Again click for full size, but they're still camera phone pics :p

This is the ASV Universal F1 perch and lever

The clean area here is where I drilled, I just stuck drill bits in it until I found one that didn't fit, and drilled straight to the point where the cable attaches.

You can see in this head on pic how minor the modification really is

I had to do this again when I got my F3 perch and lever, and it was just as simple as the first time I did it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.