SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
always work shoei street helmets.. wondering what to get for a sumo helmet.. want something all flat black to match the bike.. any suggs..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking dirt style but not sure since i ride 100% street.. but i never go over 80 anyways on it.. so the open face part of the dirt helmet i like.. i have a shoei x11 full face which in FL is too hott for summer riding.. An hjc about 4 years old offroad helmet which seems perfect for the bike minus the visor i think with sunglasses not goggles.. and i have a half helmet wich just looks plain wierd..forgot to add doesnt matter price wise its my head and i like it.. plus im goign to sell my shoei..

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I like the dirt style helmet, love the visor, on long rides ( 250mile flogging sessions + ) the visor is a god send - googles are nice too. If you're not a fan of the wind in your face constantly ( i rode 99.9% of the time w/ my street style helmet's visor up ), then check out this little fella :

good name and build quality - all the wind protection of a street helm in a little more "hooligan-ish" package

·
Registered
28 Posts
:thumbup:Just came across this thread and thought I would add a little more info. The helmet shown is Aria's current xd3 which comes in 3 different blacks. I have last years xd challenge and for street use it is a great helmet. The different options you have with the visor and peak are really nice and the dirt bike look really fits the supermoto style.
This is one of the best fitting and most comfortable helmets I have owned. With the extended chin bar, you don't have the cramped feeling of a regular full face and air flow is really good. Using goggles or sunglasses is a breeze. You definitely get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
+1

·
Registered
599 Posts
get whatever fits your head best. I had a shoei that give me headaches. tried different arais. profile was the most comfortable. perfect fit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Simpson

I have mentioned them on here before and have not deal or connection with them... although there is a sweet little honey that WORKS the showroom. :D

They are now closing out their m-x lids.

GS-3, $99.00
+ flip shield installed, $100.00 = $199.00

or + $135 for Iridium = $234.00

Their Nitro helmet is down from $199.00 to $99.00 also

The site is www.teamsimpson.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Look at the Scorpion line-up Anti fog shields that REALLY work .Fully removable quickwick liner. dot and snell Really like my exo-700.....
exo 400's starting in the 140,s
exo 700
exo 1000 with dual shields and air pump to inflate cheek pads for custom fit
Check them out....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts