SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out if I want to ride this bike, so I am looking for a cheap way to get the rear stiffened up so I tan turn few laps.

I know that I could buy Ohlins, but are there alternatives to getting a stiffer spring for a stock shock? I got the front taken care of, but have not been able to locate anything stiff enough for the rear. I found 5.4 kg/mm at Racetech, but I would need something around 6.7 - 6.9. I'm around 200#.

If I like the bike, I'll go all out and build it right with the right shock.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Minibikesprings.com had said they were going to have KX65 shock spring out this spring. Still no word on that. They can custom make one, but for $175 I'm waiting it out a bit.

·
Registered
410 Posts
check with Cannon racecraft, they have made a couple of different springs for my sons bikes. Very reasonable

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Do you have a part number on that? All I see on their online store are the typical factory connection and race tech springs that top at 5.4.
No part number, but the cost was $109.95 it is a 6.6 KG spring for my weight:lol:

If you call them they will have a tech talk with you if your serious....... they get tons of internet idiots emailing them.......... that are bogus price shoppers......

They are the NUMBER 1 suspension shop in Michigan:infrandom They quoted us at $665 for the new Ohlins KX65 RR shock, set-up to your rider weight. Buy 2 or more and they are $600 each, this was quoted to me from Dave Bowman in November..............:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts