SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I will be stationed in virginia from july 25-nov or dec and i am trying to figure out the best way to get my shit up there the army will pay for my plane ticket and stuff but i need a vehicle and the only vehicle i want to bring up there is my motorcycle, which it is right at 1000 miles from here to there so i definitely do not want to ride really, im thinking getting a one way uhaul or something like that or just flying and shipping my bike through a freight company which is about the same price or cheaper than which using a uhaul or vehicle like that i would have to pay fees plus fuel cost which i am figuring would add up to around 800 or 900 dollars which i have found bike shippers for around 500 with a 150 dollar deposit.

anyone with any knowledge of the best way to do something like this please help

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Its only 1000 miles...... why not save the $1000+ for a truck rental (rental,gas($500!) insurance) and just ride it?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
per your screen name....

put a hitch on the CRX and roll out.

I put a multi-fit hitch on an 83 corolla (70hp with cut springs) and bought a $170 harbor freight trailer (900lb capacity) a 2x12 cut to about 7ft long, a wheel chock and towed it just fine with corolla.

$70 hitch (lowes on clearance)
$10 universal trailer wiring kit (vehicle side)
$170 trailer
$22 register trailer
$20 wheel chock
$25 (?? I think) 2x12-12 (then cut down)

if you have a crx that makes any kinda power it will be fine...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont have the rex anymore, just my name on every forum so i dont change it i have a truck but the trans is going so i dont want to run it 1000 miles, i think me and my buddy are gonna take a road trip put a hitch on his mustang and his dad has a motorcycle trailer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
per your screen name....

put a hitch on the CRX and roll out.

I put a multi-fit hitch on an 83 corolla (70hp with cut springs) and bought a $170 harbor freight trailer (900lb capacity) a 2x12 cut to about 7ft long, a wheel chock and towed it just fine with corolla.

$70 hitch (lowes on clearance)
$10 universal trailer wiring kit (vehicle side)
$170 trailer
$22 register trailer
$20 wheel chock
$25 (?? I think) 2x12-12 (then cut down)

if you have a crx that makes any kinda power it will be fine...
i want to do that same thing... but with an FJR....

(first i have to buy an FJR)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts