SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put on some shinko 244 on my wr250x.

first 1 mile of my ride, wtf! wtf did i do???

they sucked at first on pavement. very heavy up front, just felt like crap!

after riding 20 or so miles they are fine! hahaha scared me at first!

really my only complaint is they have hurt the breaking of the bike, back tire locks up easy.

they did great in loose gravel/grass and i ran up a few small hills. seem to work good offroad.

after getting use to the first 10 miles on pavement they are a decent tire, still do fine in the twisties! nothing compared to stock but still good.

maybe eventually go with a the stock bridgstone up front for the daily commute and get a 21 for they dirt. the rear tire feels good.

one more note if your a small guy you may have a lil trouble getting back on the bike. about 1in-1.5in taller.

im 5'10" and its at my limit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill take a pic today...they are kinda big ......the ride better every time im on it, just took a lil time getting use to it. i have leaned the bike over really far in a few turns and thought i was going to lay it down but it was fine...

·
Registered
185 Posts
maybe eventually go with a the stock bridgstone up front for the daily commute and get a 21 for they dirt. the rear tire feels good.
Do not get the stock tires again. Unless you can find them cheap somewhere, aside from finding them at all, I would go with another tire for sure. I run the BT-016's front and back and are amazing for street only and are cheap. Or if you want the stock size get the BT-003's. I think these are set to replace the BT-090's anyway.

I am sure a lot of other people on this site could agree the stock tires are too expensive or hard to come by to be worth buying again for their grip/endurance level.

Pilot powers are a good choice too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just picked up a brand new, never installed, rear stocker BT-090 for $75. The price is the only reason I picked it up. I want Distanzias, but the stock front is still good, so I figured I'll just throw a new rear on and when they both wear out, I'll get Distanzias.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update have 3,400+ miles on these tires and they are holing up good.. good both on and offroad. got a flat on the front and ran 3 miles on it to make it to work....

little on the heavy side but for the price i cant complain. need some extra weights to ballance them

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
stock rears work great and you can find um a lot cheaper than what most places try to get for them. i will only run a stock rear from now on but its cuz im a stunter and 150/60 tires dont lean for shit doing circle wheelies, for most of you that isnt a concern. i rode a 150/60 pilot power for one day and had to ditch it and went back to stock, instantly had my tight circles back with no problems moving around. 150 just didnt wanna stay leaned over but its a great all around street tire for cornering and just riding all sorts of different terrain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts