SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any experience with Shift riding gear. I am thinking of getting a new jacket/leather pants and wondering about their quality?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've worn their motocross gear for years, and just picked up an Air Avenger jacket from them, seems nice so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so far so good...i have their jacket...the black and red one cant remember what it's called...70% leather...nice and ventilated

havent tested it's ultimate strength yet...hopefully wont be...ever :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have a Shift Jacket, its full leather and is an 06 model and i have been using it for about 2 years with no problems. The fit is great and the price wasnt bad either. I bought it because everyone and their mother has Astars stuff and i wanted to have something a little bit different, still havent seen another one on the road.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posts! I just ordered a jacket and pants yesterday afternoon, can't wait to try them out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, I will post a review when I get them. I thought the Havoc pants looked pretty cool, but it's hard to tell from pics sometimes. The pants are the main reason I bought a shift jacket........lol.

·
Registered
544 Posts
so far so good...i have their jacket...the black and red one cant remember what it's called...70% leather...nice and ventilated

havent tested it's ultimate strength yet...hopefully wont be...ever :D
I'm betting it's the same jacket as I have. Mine is called a Hybrid (makes sense, eh?) I love it because you get the protection of leather in the most likely impact spots, but it breaths a lot better than a full leather. It is still fairly bulky though on a 100+ degree day. Sitting at lights, I'm cookin' pretty good.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been rocking shift since 97 hahaha. You know shift use to make suits, not one pieace leathers, like jeff emig fresno smooth big pimping suit (befor they where bought out by fox)

Just alittle history

I have the havoc pants, so far so good, its been in the high 90's low 100's and they breath great, they have built in knee pads, that are honestly a joke, but defantly better than nothing, but they are removable, so I'm sure you could rig up anything you really wanted, so far I like them,

I have the first gen of there jackets its full mesh with some light armor in the sholders and elbo's. And some cheezy padding on the back, but still better than a
T-shirt, and it zips to the pants

shifts quality has droped off big time in the last few years, they use to make great gloves, not they are junk,

All and all I defantly give the havoc's a big thumbs up

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Shift gear is awsome, Ive been runnin thier stuff for a decade. I ate it at 70mph with the textile jacket and came up clean!! There is footage of the wreck on one of the Motard X Dream preview.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm betting it's the same jacket as I have. Mine is called a Hybrid (makes sense, eh?) I love it because you get the protection of leather in the most likely impact spots, but it breaths a lot better than a full leather. It is still fairly bulky though on a 100+ degree day. Sitting at lights, I'm cookin' pretty good.
yer that's the one...i agree with the cooking at the lights

i've been down the road with shift gloves at about 60mph before and they did a great job

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm running the Shift Chaos gloves. Definitely liking them so far. They're more like a typical MotoX glove, but have leather, some padding, and the plastic (or whatever it is) knuckle protection. The seams on the inside are rather annoying, I was wearing them around the house to break them in a little bit doing every day things, and the seams seemed to rub my fingers raw. The seam under the first knuckle of the index finger, the seam on top of the first knuckle of the index finger, and the seam on top of the first knuckle of the pinky finger. Granted I have trouble finding gloves that fit me, I have short fingers, but fat hands. I have them in a Small, it's not a quick on and off, kind of have to work them on my hand. The fingers fit my fingers perfectly though (although the index finger could be a little wider), and while riding I didn't notice ANY of the discomfort I mentioned. They're part leather, part whatever else so they do have to break in. I like them a lot so far as I wanted a MotoX style glove without worrying about them shredding when I hit the pavement.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Just tryed out my new pair of Shift Squadron pants today
they're a little warm at lights and no knee protection but comfortable and vent nicely when moving. They seem well made to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts