SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this thread a while back , http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=57342 , ranting about Husky SA and waiting months for parts etc etc etc.

Thought id start ths thread fresh as its a new page for me:laughingr.

I got my bike back!!! Picked up on Friday. was rainy most of the weekend but i had a ride on monday and tuesday night.

What a differnce the new cam chain made.. Wow. . my engin is so quiet in comparison to what im used to.. almost feels wrong. That metallic tapping/pinging/knocking sound is gone. I will be able to hear when my cam chain starts eating away at the reed valve this time. That noise that disappeared now has been with my bike for loooong. More than 3500kms without a doubt. Maybe i just had a bad chain?

I did have this odd random clutch slipping issue after the service. But i think i figured it out, the clutch cable was routed wrong so it was pinching the cable. I re-routed clutch cable and did an oil change and so far it seems fixed.

My mid RPM stutter was getting less but seems to have returned..maybe with the new plug??

Anyhooo.. just saying i`m STOKED i have my bike back and i will go about getting parts differently next time i need them.

In the two months plus i waited for the camchain i kinda fogotten what these bikes are like.. I know everyone says this but, my Gahd!! these bikes make me naughty. No matter how much i premeditate against it i end up being a psycho on that bike(and loving it) at least once everytime i ride it. SO much fun that its hard to not get a bit wreckless. And i look at every other bikerider on the road(thats not a motard) and they all do seem so bored and tamed. So sedate.

O my fuel warning light snapped a wire by the plug and i discovered that this morning on my way to work. Via an empty tank next to the road:laughingr

WL

·
Registered
374 Posts
Glad to hear you got it back. Two months is FOREVER to go without a bike!

I know how you feel about finding empty too. I had my warning light sensor unplugged while working on things a few weeks ago and neglected to plug it back in until I ran out of gas on the road!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
YEAH HOOO!!!!!!!!!!! glad to hear!! ive got a cam chain on order and i hope my noisy motor gets quiet again, sounds like a can of nails... well not that bad but still noisy enough to hear... awesome!! get some ride pics up! Show us what its like to roll S.A. Style!

·
Registered
608 Posts
glad to hear!! I have 1000 miles on my 07 510 luckly nothing has gone wrong. Took mine out today too!! The colder it is the faster my bike is, i think its runnning to rich. I want to put the JD jettting kit in soon! Cant waiT!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
haha ive ran out gass befor forgot too switch my petcock valve form reserve to on lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts