SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEMRA's second round is in Monticello, Florida, just outside Tallahasse. This track has never held a motorcycle race before. We need to show them a good turnout so they will keep having us back because this track is awesome! There is a track day on March 29th. Practice, qualifing, and sprint races are March 30th. Go to http://www.semra.org/ for more information. Here is a link to the track website. http://www.monticellokarting.com/home.html

·
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks Awesome . I'm hoping I can make this one :D
I hope you can make it Dave! Have'nt seen you in awhile. You can really stretch the Aprilia's legs on this track. :thumbup:

·
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna give it a shot, but I have a dirt bike class to teach on Saturday. Guess I'll have to move them kiddies along quickly.
Just bring them with you! :lol:
Hope you can make it!

·
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Moticello Track Day

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW WR250X AND I AM INTERESTED IN THE TRACK DAY. IS IT ALL ASPHALT OR BOTH. ALSO DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE COST IS ANS PRACTICE TIMES. :bike:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A NEW WR250X AND I AM INTERESTED IN THE TRACK DAY. IS IT ALL ASPHALT OR BOTH. ALSO DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE COST IS ANS PRACTICE TIMES. :bike:
This facility and all SEMRA events are asphalt only. The practice on Saturday will be hosted by the track staff and cost $50 per rider. I got to test the track out and trust me...IT IS WORTH THE $$$. The race will be on Sunday and run by the SEMRA crew:thumbup: On Sunday, tech inspection closes around 8:30 followed by a riders meeting with practice beginning around 9 AM. For more info on the race format go to www.semra.org and look at the forum. If you want to race (Which you should) make sure to pre-register at the link on the SEMRA website to save some money. Hope you make it out for the weekend. This track is AWESOME and will really allow the fullsize SM bikes to open up:D

Steven McDonald

·
Registered
11 Posts
Class Selection

Running A Wr250x What Class Would I Race In?
Adult Novice Or Supermoto? Or Both.
What Is The Difference Between The Two.
The North Florida Events Are A Little Far For Me I Live In Fort Myers Fl, About 6+ Hrs Away. I Would Have Gone To Stark If I Had The Bike At The Time. Now Its Looking Like Moroso In
October Is A Doable Event For Me. Also 2+ Hrs Away. I Hope We Get More Events In South Or Central Fl

·
Registered
337 Posts
Running A Wr250x What Class Would I Race In?
Adult Novice Or Supermoto? Or Both.
What Is The Difference Between The Two.
The North Florida Events Are A Little Far For Me I Live In Fort Myers Fl, About 6+ Hrs Away. I Would Have Gone To Stark If I Had The Bike At The Time. Now Its Looking Like Moroso In
October Is A Doable Event For Me. Also 2+ Hrs Away. I Hope We Get More Events In South Or Central Fl

You would run in Supermoto. Adult Novice is for mini's only and if you enter adult novice you cannot run another class.

6+ hours isn't too bad of a drive to race. Hook up with a few guys from the Moroso crew and carpool...SEMRA is looking into more Florida events for next year...However, the decision will be made on the support this years Florida races. So, if the Florida riders want more in State races with the possibility of maybe even a Florida series down the road then the Florida riders really need to support this years Florida rounds.

Plus, This track is a BLAST and worth the trip:thumbup:

Steven

·
Registered
337 Posts
So only $50 to get in on practice day? whats the other $15 i hear about some wrist band? Any other fee for spectators?

Every person has to buy a wrist band to be at the track (Insurance). They cost $15 for adults and $10 for kids. The wrist band is good for both the Saturday practice and Sunday race.

Those are the only 2 fees you have for the Saturday practice. The races entry fees and transponder rental can be found at www.semra.org

If you are coming for both days you maybe able to still get a room at the SEMRA discount, see http://www.semra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2675 scroll down a little for info $60/night with the discount.

Make sure to pre-register before next Tuesday to save $$$ and avoid the sign-in lines on Sunday.

Hope to see a big turnout:thumbup: This is the first motorcycle race at the facility and we all need to make a good impression (LOTS OF RIDERS). I know the owners of Monticello are interested in opening up more motorcycle events, but it will all depend on the level of support.

Post up here or over on the SEMRA forum if you have anymore questions.

Steven

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well Anyone got good diretions from Orlando to this place or an address so I can map quest it? I went to their site and they dont even show a map or addy

·
Registered
237 Posts
What time should we all arrive on Sat for practice, and till what time will it go to? Do the split us up in shifts like ocala did? THanx for the directions BTW

·
Registered
337 Posts
What time should we all arrive on Sat for practice, and till what time will it go to? Do the split us up in shifts like ocala did? THanx for the directions BTW
The track is running the practice, so you can contact them for specific times. I would guess that the gates will open around 8 AM with practice starting about 9. It goes until the say it doesn't go...probably around 4 or 5. Yes, the will split the sessions up based on bikes sizes...Steven

PS. Make sure that all bikes are prepared for Tech Inspection. I don't know if the facility will enforce tech on Saturday (I hope so...), but you will not race on Sunday if the bike is not properly prepared. Please do the basic safety wiring on all bikes, if not for yourself then for your fellow rider. I don't want anyone crashing at 70+ because someones oil drain plug backed out:headshake

1 - 20 of 46 Posts