SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to register for a week now and it ain't happening, even though I did receive and authorization from the admin, but still... NO DICE...

Anyone a member here?

2nd-

Been kicking the idea of getting into mini-motard riding, especially since moroso is less than an hour away. Couples things though-

1. I purchased about 1 year ago, a 125 chinese knock off, which is loads of fun and still runs strong. But I'm having a hard time finding 14" front super moto tire. Should I get a 12" front or is there site that sells 14" front supermoto tires?

2. Anything I need to look out for on these chinese knock off's? What's your general take on 'em?

TIA

Drtymex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same thing for me ,my paypal payment went through on Feb 13 before the first race but still no news about my number picks or even a letter from them.....
also on your other matter i went with 12 inches on my KLX but if you want to stick with 14 may be try to google 14 inches mini motard tires.I know that Michelin makes 14 inches tires for scooters and even Avon.

·
4,852 Posts
Been trying to register for a week now and it ain't happening, even though I did receive and authorization from the admin, but still... NO DICE...

Anyone a member here?

2nd-

Been kicking the idea of getting into mini-motard riding, especially since moroso is less than an hour away. Couples things though-

1. I purchased about 1 year ago, a 125 chinese knock off, which is loads of fun and still runs strong. But I'm having a hard time finding 14" front super moto tire. Should I get a 12" front or is there site that sells 14" front supermoto tires?

2. Anything I need to look out for on these chinese knock off's? What's your general take on 'em?

TIA

Drtymex
Register for what, the forum, or to race? I just looked, and it says you are active on the forum.

·
4,852 Posts
Same thing for me ,my paypal payment went through on Feb 13 before the first race but still no news about my number picks or even a letter from them.....
also on your other matter i went with 12 inches on my KLX but if you want to stick with 14 may be try to google 14 inches mini motard tires.I know that Michelin makes 14 inches tires for scooters and even Avon.
PM me your name and I will check into it. My wife is the SEMRA administrator.

·
Registered
109 Posts
14" front tire with good profile and grip...Michelin Pilot Sport SC 120/70-14 Sounds big, but it works very well. There are many threads on this topic and some are very recent, so check around on this forum for a minute, or check out www.northwoodsgp.com as we have info on our forum about it also

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah man, my apologizes! I registered for the forum but I can't sign on.

And yeah, of course I googled 14" but not showing much.

·
4,852 Posts
Ah man, my apologizes! I registered for the forum but I can't sign on.

And yeah, of course I googled 14" but not showing much.
I just checked again, and it says you are a registered active user. If you want, I can delete your account and you can reregister.....dont know of any other option. Let me know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cheng Shin makes a 14" tire that works surprisingly well. I've been running this tire indoors for the past 3yrs and outdooors last year. Indoors, i dont think you can find a better tire. As far as outdoors, its the only tire i've tried and i've never had any issues with it. I think you can actually pick them up for about 20-25 bucks.

·
Registered
93 Posts

E-mail me at [email protected] Also, assigned numbers are posted on the Semra forum under the "general" heading. It is a sticky at the top. "2008 Competition numbers". If you applied online, I'll bet it's there.....

Thanks!

John Halsey
www.semra.org
[email protected]

·
Registered
93 Posts

Anyone a member here?

2nd-

TIA

Drtymex

Which one of the Chinese knockoffs do you have? Our spec class is Thumpstar and they have been very reliable. I spoke with Bob Henderson last weekend and there are now 40 in the hands of Semra members. (Yes, I have one.)

I know alot of the guys raced every sprint race last season and a couple of 3 hour endurance races and they are still running strong.

As in any race bike, check nuts, bolts, etc after every weekend.

John Halsey
www.semra.org
[email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^Well for sure, I've been riding trackdays at jennings, moroso and roebling road going on 3 years, and trust me, the only person that works on my stuff is me...

As far as thumpstar, it seems that these bikes all come from the same manufacture from china and branded differently here when they arrive at the states.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts