SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've decided to turn around and make a little profit on the 03 625 SXC i just converted to Supermoto, picked it up for cheap with snow on the ground and selling for primo price with the nice weather upon us, I'll be getting $4700 for the bike, i have 2 choices of bikes i've been looking at in the Seattle area... I've been in contact with both owners of the 2 and both sound legit, the 06 560 has a claimed 15 hours on the clock, kick start only, no key or any of that fun stuff... but the power to weight on that bike would be insane... worth the lack of comforts? worth the maint intervals? I do a good deal of riding twisties/commuting, would it be realistic? I've owned a 520 EXC would it be similar to that? and the exhaust on it is an akropovic full titanium exhaust. and the 05 625 looks nice too, very stock besides the dual akropovics and corbin seat. but its signifigantly heavier, even heavier than my SXC i have now, i don't know if i like that, but it might be more ideal to my driving habbits. any input would be great guys!

here's both adds...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2394782616.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/2385918172.html

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys, bike sells tomorrow and i am honestly completely torn between the realistic, comfy, low maint 625 or a rediculous, plated 560 that will probly scare the shit out of me and need 3 rebuilds in the time the 625 needs a valve adjustment (exageration) but still...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Why get rid of a 625 you got a deal on for another 625? I say if you want something different get the 560. My brother had one and it was a monster, felt like a mountain bike with 60 horsepower. He rode it alot and didn't have many problems, adjusted the valves once in two years, changed the oil every few weeks. The only real problem was that his c/s sprocket kept leaking but i heard that can be common and there was a fix for it that we didn't do. He only sold it for school and misses it all the time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picking up the 560 this weekend :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope 625 is sold... cash in hand, waiting until i can drive out to pick up the 560, thats all i'll have but since i'll have a bit leftover i'm getting an electric start kit, and the crank welded asap. and swapping out the headlight to an 06 EXC headlight with HID :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts