1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
the scooter scene in DFW is huge... this isnt anything surprising. lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
Flagged :( Someone PLEASE tell me they got screencaps!

·
Registered
115 Posts
1997 Honda Helix with Sidecar REDUCED - $3800 (North of Fort Worth)
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-07-11, 12:36PM CDT

***** 1997 Honda Helix with Sidecar ***** Maybe trade for Trike ???

Will you please STOP flagging me. If you have an issue with my listing then why don't you email me with your problem. Thank you.

Yes you read right, I have a 1997 Honda Helix Scooter with a Sidecar. The Honda Helix is probably one of the most comfortable scooters I have ever sat on. The motor is a 250cc. The transmission is an automatic, so no shifting gears, just twist and go. I know for a fact that the bike does get OVER 50 mpg. Everything is working on the bike and sidecar. The bike runs great. When my dad and I bought the bike, it was in terrible shape but we have restored it as much as we possibly could. Honda still sells ALL the parts for the Helix if you ever need anything. The sidecar is made by Armec http://www.armec.com/default.html which is one of the top sidecar manufacturers in the WORLD. Which also means if you need parts, you can contact them.

Let me say this again, the bike runs great. It's fun to ride and definitely gets TONS of attention. I ride a custom chopper and sometimes get jealous at the attention that my dad's scooter gets. The reason for the sale is that my dad is now interested in getting a trike, so with that being said, if you have a trike that is NOT a VW setup (something like a Yamaha, Harley, Suzuki, or Kawasaki engine based trike) unless it is a very nice VW setup, not trash, and want to possibly do a trade, LET'S TALK. I'm talking about a EVEN trade or real close to it. My dad does not want some $10,000 or $20,000+ trike.

Things that were done since we bought the scooter:

1. Completely repainted the scooter and sidecar

2. Sidecar completely rewired

3. Scooter has been completely gone thru with the electrical. Added a new horn and spoiler with light bar.

4. Current tags and inspection

5. Clear title on hand

6. Odometer cable was detached upon purchase, reattached and working now but actual mileage is unknown

7. NO helmets or apparel included in the sale

8. The Helix does not smoke or leak any fluids

9. Cooling system flushed and filled with 50/50 water and antifreeze and automatic fans are working properly

10. New air filter

11. Fairly new battery

12. All seats in excellent condition

13. Custom fabricated steering dampener for better stability

14. Engine has had recent tune-up including replacement of the spark plug

15. If I can think of anything else later on, then I will edit the listing

The Sidecar is EASILY detachable. Once the Sidecar is detached by only two bolts, the scooter can be driven around normally. In other words, remove 2 bolts, unscrew electrical contact point (quick-connector), take cotter pin out of dampner, slide the Sidecar out of the mounts, and then drive around just on the scooter. Pretty much two bikes in one. One other nice thing about the sidecar, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE ABLE TO TAKE YOUR DOG FOR A RIDE ??? Think about the possibilities.

Just a FYI for interested people, a scooter or motorcycle with a sidecar drives completely different than a typical bike without a sidecar. I have driven the bike at all different speeds with and without passengers and it cruises down the street very nicely. There has been a new 5 gallon gas can added to the sidecar (behind seat) that has been filled with water to be able to adjust for weight differences in passengers. We added this because when there was no passengers or weight in the sidecar, the bike felt like it was missing something. With the added weight in the sidecar, the bike feels a lot more stable cruising around town.

I am available mainly on the weekends. Contact me via the email link above with any questions or offers. I check my email randomly everyday.

I will NOT stop this listing until the Honda Helix scooter is 100% sold, so please do not ask.

FYI.....NO joy riders, NO low-balling, NO checks, CASH ONLY or trade for a trike

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
man that is a sexy bike! I can't think of a better way to spend almost 4 grand. Too bad I wasn't closer.

I also like how he acts like carrying the gas can full of water makes up for the sidecar being empty. 5 gallons of water weighs a bit more then 40lbs, which is not even close to making up for the weight of a person, unless he's talking about a small kid.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
man that is a sexy bike! I can't think of a better way to spend almost 4 grand. Too bad I wasn't closer.

I also like how he acts like carrying the gas can full of water makes up for the sidecar being empty. 5 gallons of water weighs a bit more then 40lbs, which is not even close to making up for the weight of a person, unless he's talking about a small kid.
you dont need the weight of a full person to make the sidecar rig turn correctly.. 40lbs on the end of a 3ft+ lever (aka out there in the sidecar) works fine for normal riding.

while its fugly, i dont get why people are being assholes and flagging the guy.

then again, i 'get' honda helixes... and sidecars are always cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts