SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've hit a major debate right now. I came across an '02 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior for about $2,500 less than what it's worth. However, to get it, I would have to sell my street tarded '04 WR450F. Ahh, the great debate! I am so torn!!! :rant:

So, guess the question is, has anybody owned a Roadstar Warrior and a Sumo?? Anybody care to throw in the their $.02 on what I should do?? So many toys, so little money!!!!

Alright, let the comments fly!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that would be it....I know it's a cruiser, but have you actually ever ridden on of these things? We did a Stage IV kit in a buddy of mine's bike (high comp pistons, injectors, cams, ECU, etc) and now it puts out about 105 HP and about 150 ft. lb of torque. They're actually a pretty fun bike to ride.

I know, I know...I think I might have lost my mind too. It's just a thought, it's not set in stone yet. That's why I'm asking y'alls opinion.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yep, that would be it....I know it's a cruiser, but have you actually ever ridden on of these things? We did a Stage IV kit in a buddy of mine's bike (high comp pistons, injectors, cams, ECU, etc) and now it puts out about 105 HP and about 150 ft. lb of torque. They're actually a pretty fun bike to ride.

I know, I know...I think I might have lost my mind too. It's just a thought, it's not set in stone yet. That's why I'm asking y'alls opinion.
depends.. how hard is it to make a WR street legal in your state?
if its extremely hard... and a big PITA.. keep the motard.

if its not difficult, sell it, but only for a good price.. then take that extra $2,500 you 'saved' and eventually get yourself another motard.

but yea.. if you wanna build a dragbike cruiser, the Warrior or the Vrod are the only ways to go... i prefer the warrior myself.

·
Registered
849 Posts
What type of riding are you into the most right now? Long distance, trips, two-up, twisties? Go with the bike that suits your riding wants/needs the most right now. As we know they are different tools for different jobs, pick the right one.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plating a bike here in Texas is not too bad honestly. Here is one of my trains of thought:

Sell the sumo & buy the Warrior. Ride Warrior for a while, and if I don't like it, sell it and make a profit and go build another sumo.

But hey, at least you can still wheelie one of these bikes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZd_NwJLR94 :eek:

Oh, and the Warrior I'm looking at looks pretty damn close to this one:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What type of riding are you into the most right now? Long distance, trips, two-up, twisties? Go with the bike that suits your riding wants/needs the most right now. As we know they are different tools for different jobs, pick the right one.
Ha ha ha, this is north Texas, there are no twisties!!! Riding a cloverleaf on the freeway is about as close as we can get around here in Ft. Worth. I have not done any trips on a bike, but have been thinking about it come this fall. As far as 2-up riding goes - my girl loves to ride, but my R1 absolutely kills her and I don't think the sumo would be any better (but haven't tried it yet). The Warrior would give a much more comfortable 2-up, but still have way more get up and go than your typical cruiser.

But man, being able to wheelie sideways out of corners is just so damn fun!!! I think I'm just gonna go rob a bank and simplify the whole situation ha ha ha!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ha ha ha, this is north Texas, there are no twisties!!! Riding a cloverleaf on the freeway is about as close as we can get around here in Ft. Worth. I have not done any trips on a bike, but have been thinking about it come this fall. As far as 2-up riding goes - my girl loves to ride, but my R1 absolutely kills her and I don't think the sumo would be any better (but haven't tried it yet). The Warrior would give a much more comfortable 2-up, but still have way more get up and go than your typical cruiser.

But man, being able to wheelie sideways out of corners is just so damn fun!!! I think I'm just gonna go rob a bank and simplify the whole situation ha ha ha!!!
In all honesty, I'd go with the Warrior. Sounds like you'll have more use for it right now. The more use you have for it, the more you'll ride. The more you ride, the better.

That black one is sweet looking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a 02 Warrior and really liked it. Your girl will definately find it more comfortable than your current rides. Given where you live, if you don't have/go to any tracks, the Warrior makes sense. Maybe I'm getting old but that thing beat the hell out of me. From the suspension to he windblast. I loved that bike though. You're right about the mods, a ton of things you can do to them.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Teach your girl to ride. 2 up is for suckers. ;)
Actually, she wants to learn to ride, but I would be very afraid to put her on the street. Hell, getting a street bike that would fit her would be hard as hell seeing as how she's 4'10" 84lbs!!! However, we may go the dirt route first, but I dunno yet.

Anyways, I think I'm going to keep the motard!!!! :D I just can't bear to think about not being able to wheelie on command or cut through a golf course!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know, I know...but they usually have low mileage! :laughingr Yeah, and I'm done that was pretty innappropriate ha ha ha

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Ha ha ha, this is north Texas
You'll hate riding that bike around here. You will have much more fun on the 450. You just need to get out and ride it. The 450 will go anywhere. The cruiser will bore you to death on the paved roads here and you'll find yourself just riding a few blocks to a harley bar. :eek:

Stick with the sumo!

And keep watching the DFW thread. We'll be riding soon!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I say sell the WR and get the Warrior. I always liked the midnight warriors and plan to get one in the future.

Sooooooo, how much do you want for your WR??????? lol

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I have decided to keep the WR, and might sell my R1 instead. Went to the dealership I used to work at and they had a Warrior with the Stage IV kit already installed that I might be picking up here in the near future. It's a buddy of mine's bike and I know that thing is scary fast!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sometimes, I think I just need to never look at another motorcycle again and be happy with what I have. Yeah, the R1 might be a lil hard to part with, haven't made any final decisions yet.

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Sometimes, I think I just need to never look at another motorcycle again and be happy with what I have.
WHaaa??????

Say it isn't so!

The best part about bikes is changing your ride every so often. I've had almost 30 bikes that I've actually ridden. Not just garage queens.

There is ALWAYS some other bike I want. Multiples in fact.

But still. Keep the Sumo and have fun. Unless of course you like riding cruisers on boring flat straight roads!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts