SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the posts I have seen about Wisconsin seemed old so figured I'd make a new posting for this summer. Anyone in the south east part of the state with a supermoto? I am in the racine/kenosha area and never see to many supermotos around, but it'd be cool to have some people to ride with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in Waukesha, and have seen a few other DRZs in the area. On nice days I'll see 2 or 3 dual sports on my way to work so they're around, just not sure they've found this site.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good point. I haven't made it there or USAIR yet. If you want to meet supermoto riders, those would be the places to go. It's not quite local, but not too far a way.

·
Registered
275 Posts
will be the best $40 you ever spent, usair is one of the best tracks in the country, road America is pretty good too, you get tons of track time, usually in the late afternoon most riders and all the go carts have gone home, and you sometimes get the whole track to yourself or just a couple bikes, I rode superbike since 1987 and the last 3 years ive not gone back to trackday and rode only supermoto and MX, not only is it much cheaper but also a lot less injuries vs trackday because its half the speed, you will wish you started a few years ago when you go the first time

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am amazed it is so cheap... Track days at blackhawk farms and other road race tracks are all over $150 for the day.

My bike will be a handful on such a small track. I am used to riding like a road racer with my knee out. It will be a (FUN) challenge for me to hone my skills on the tight twisty track.

·
Registered
275 Posts
its cheap because less injuries = lower insurance costs, less staff ( no corner workers ) and no ambulance , your bike will be just fine on the go cart track, both RA and usair are quite large go cart tracks, usair lets cars run on some weekends, you wont be the only rider using knee out style

looks like may 1st at Shawano-usair is good for me as long as the weather is good, I will call the track to confirm next week and probably drive up there Saturday night, wont have the new WR ready but the 06 yz I bought late last year should be good to go and maybe the old 07 yz too though I keep telling myself im going to rebuild it before this season maybe give it one last ride before I tear it down, and i'll bring the sxv out for a couple laps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I just called MotoRider this morning, and they're trying to find all the parts for a suspension rebuild and new springs for my DRZ. That has been the only thing really holding me up from giving it a try.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Well, I just called MotoRider this morning, and they're trying to find all the parts for a suspension rebuild and new springs for my DRZ. That has been the only thing really holding me up from giving it a try.

My buddy Bruce owns Motorider. He was the one I was getting my sumo tires from. They are the Michelin supermoto specific tire. I run the softest front and a medium rear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michelin-Super-Moto-Motard-Slick-12-60-17-120-70-17-29B-SOFT-Front-Tire-NEW-/182036759363?hash=item2a623c8343:g:1sMAAOSw3ydVlXpJ&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michelin-Power-Super-Moto-Motard-Rear-Tire-Slick-160-60-17-160-17-C-MEDIUM-/182036759369?hash=item2a623c8349:g:sUIAAOSwHnFVlXjg&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
275 Posts
you could get by with a stock bike, especially for the first time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts