SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I road down to the valley last weekend and my bike ran nuts! wheelies for days. Then I came back up to the mountains and it feels like half the bike. I am mad jealous of all you who get to ride that everyday soooo SCREW YOU!

·
Banned
900 Posts
I road down to the valley last weekend and my bike ran nuts! wheelies for days. Then I came back up to the mountains and it feels like half the bike. I am mad jealous of all you who get to ride that everyday soooo SCREW YOU!

be careful what you say to buzzkill or he will run you over with a bobcat,lol

·
Registered
657 Posts
It is not just a matter of jetting. You need different jetting because there is less air and with less air you make less power, even if jetted perfectly. You just lose more at high altitude if the bike is also rich.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I live at 7000 feet, and thinner air needs a leaner mixture. My girlfriend lives at sea level, and without a doubt, my 610 has more bark, down there. With a little time and effort, and an after market mixture screw, I have my tard running good at both altitudes.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
propshaft - ya live in bigbear huh? how are the roads up there? i'd like to take a little trip that way some day... ill let ya know when it happens.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Needs more compression, I used to help out a friend build race motors for jet skiis, when they would race Tahoe they would mill the head so it had 220# compression @ sea level, That would put it close to 180# @ Tahoe. I dont know exactly how or why the altitude effects it, but is does.

·
Registered
353 Posts
propshaft - ya live in bigbear huh? how are the roads up there? i'd like to take a little trip that way some day... ill let ya know when it happens.
Yeah DH,
Lived here a while. Lots of curves. Just coming up the mountain, from Redlands is a hoot. Some pretty good fire roads as well. Should be a lot of people there over the 4th.:headshake

1 - 16 of 16 Posts