SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scott's Steering Damper on my 600rr that i just totaled and i am seeing i can buy the adapter kit from scott's to make it go on my 08 DRZ...it's asking for handlebar position 1-5....if my handlebars are stock everything which would i choose? 1,2,3,4,5? Help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
hmm good question the answer is a phone call away!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You probably need to change the arm out on the damper since it probably has a R stamped on it which means road. That's what scotts told me anyway.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You probably need to change the arm out on the damper since it probably has a R stamped on it which means road. That's what scotts told me anyway.
What if i will be using it on the "r"oad though? lol j/w...guess i should just call and get them to give me the run down....no matter what it's better than throwing it away on a wrecked bike

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm good question the answer is a phone call away!
figured...i just was hoping my some tiny chance someone had done this recently and new the answer...they don't open till 10pacific and i am going to be at the dealership picking up the bike at 10 eastern...oh well guess i'll make 2 trips

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think it is because the arm isn't long enough but I could be wrong. When I switched my scotts from my 600rr to my zx6r, I had to switch to a longer arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts