SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for you guys that are running a Scotts damper on your 690SMC. Are you using the "Road" version or the "offroad" one? I'm trying to decide which way to go. I use it only on the street. Advice anybody?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had one on my 690SM and its still in the box because i havent got round to getting a bracket for the SMC, dont feel it needs one anyway. But as far as im aware there is no difference, the damper is the same whichever bike you buy it for, only the mounting changes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no difference, the damper is the same whichever bike you buy it for, only the mounting changes.

I have been riding the bike for almost 6000 miles without a damper but have been getting some pretty wicked head shake now that I'm really getting on it hard and doing more wheelies, especially as the tires get worn. I have a damper sitting around so just need to order the mounting kit. They DO make two different dampers. The road versions have a small R engraved on the case. The difference is that the road version damps in both directions while the dirt version does not damp when it returns to center. Scotts can convert my road damper to offroad, but the procedure can't be undone so I wanted to see what people thought...or preferably some first hand experiences.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have both scotts and gpr ... I have the new gpr for the smc and that only raise the bars maybe a 1/2 inch and really don't need that much of a dampener on that bike .
I have the scotts for the enduro r , I think the scotts is a way better product , had it on the smc and it was a little over kill plus even modifying scotts mount my bars were 7/8 to an inch higher , on the dirt version it is not so bad , it really bothered me when I had the set up on the smc .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts