SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Just like the title......scary fast.

Power Now and the Plus have been used for years......... makes kick starting ALOT easier with a properly jetted bike.........Have no fear.

I first thought you were talking about ScaryFast from Colorado...........Ping.......anyone?

·
Registered
190 Posts
i had a friend that used to race qauds and suggested getting one, as they were amazing. but thats all ive ever heard about them

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The idea behind them is that it's a minimal obstruction, but at less than full throttle it will make the bike behave as if it has a smaller carb. At WOT the "blade" is insignificant, so you get the benefits of a smaller and a larger carb without the disadvantages of each. I've never used one but the idea seems sound.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has anyone here run one?
If it works like it says, seems like everyone would be using one

·
Registered
571 Posts
has anyone here run one?
If it works like it says, seems like everyone would be using one
I've used them on my dirt bikes.
It helped with flame-out issues - where the bike suddenly dies when you chop the throttle - in tough sections out in the woods. It was a noticeable improvement in that regard.
Other than that, maybe a 'little bit' cleaner in initial pick up of throttle, but I wouldn't say there is a noticeable increase in power.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I have one on my 625. I think it runs smoother but that's it. I got it for very cheap, I'd not buy one for full pop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts