SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who ride at Sandy hook and interested in racing there shifters there...

first come first save basis-please email your race #number to Director DAN Lipperini at [email protected]

If 2 or more riders want the same number, the one who sends in the email first will retain rights to that number. IF by some chance that rider who got that email in first does not show up to the track BEFORE the rider who wanted the same number (but sent in his email second-third-etc) the second rider will retain rights to that number...make sense?? LOL

April 5th is the tentative date for our first track day....more details to follow. the rest of the schedule is being ironed out as I type...give me a few days as we need to look at the schedule of other local tracks :thumbup:

Please spread the word.

JOHN

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
And just cause I'm in a shitty mood, someone please inform me how a 125/150 with 16/19" wheels is vastly different than the same bike with 17/17" wheels??? Please?

Mmmm K, yeah... thanks.

Barry

·
Registered
125 Posts
And just cause I'm in a shitty mood, someone please inform me how a 125/150 with 16/19" wheels is vastly different than the same bike with 17/17" wheels??? Please?

Mmmm K, yeah... thanks.

Barry
I didn't think they had ruled that out yet? But you are right, wheel size doesn't make much of a difference. All large sportbikes use 17" wheels...and it aint like a TTR is more dangerous than a GSX-R. You should find a GSXR chassis and drop your TTR motor in it, that would be awesome...and legal under current rules:thumbup:

Only thing I can think of is that maybe there is something in their insurance policy that might limit wheel size. Other than that, it seems silly.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My point exactly...

·
Registered
73 Posts

Mmmm K, yeah... thanks.

Barry
Depending on the type and size of track barriers and curbing etc. wheel size can cause safety issues. Like the above post , it could be an insurance thing.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Insurance Carriers are the spawn of Satan.

Just sayin'...

Barry

·
Registered
460 Posts
Fellas,
Quit complaining about the rules. I'm kinda tired of everyone complaining about rules every time someone tries to put together some events. If it were up to me, I would say all minigp racing requires wheels no larger than 12" period. This is MINI gp. Mini bikes, Mini motors, Mini wheels. just conform already would ya. If i'm leaned over in a corner I definitely do not want someone's ridiculously large wheel spinning right next to my eyebrow. Noe do I want him running up my back.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You seriously see a differnce between a bike with 17s and a bike with 16/19s ??? Sorry, but this is a supermoto web site, not a pocket bike site. I'm annoyed, and if it wads your panties I'm sorry.

Barry

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Touche'... I'll give you that. But the minis come with 10s, 12s, and 16/19. It's all good. The new track in question looks sweet and is REAL close to home. Shame if I can't ride on it. Oh well. It's all good.

Barry

1 - 20 of 31 Posts