SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

just an FYI

just spoke with the owner of Sandy Hook and he has just informed me that MINI shifters are allowed this year at Sandy hook :clap::D

what is allowed
1) MAX size is 150-4 stroke bike or smaller
2) 85cc 2 stroke or smaller
3) wheels size MAX 17inches (preffered 10-12-14)
4) Nsr's-Ysr's-metrakits (max 85cc 2stroke 150 4 stroke)

TENTATIVE CLASSES
1) Midbikes (minimum 6 bikes or lumped in with begginer motard)
2) Junior motard/shifter-up to 13 years of age
3) Begginer Motard/Nsr/Ysr/etc
4) Intermediate shifter
5) Open class shifter.

** Sandy Hook is a small fast track- a 85cc motard wont nessecarily be faster than a 65cc or 50cc motard with a light fast rider......classes will initally be set up by "capability" more so than MOTOR size....I mean if a light adult with a 50cc motard can hang with a 150R...he will be allowed to race in OPEN.

THIS IS ALL tentative, the track and directors have and will change protocol when deemed nessecary~ if the numbers warrant-we will set up "displacment categories"

Junior riders are allowed to ride in adult classes if they show ability and comfort- WITH APPROVAL from track owner AND RACE DIRECTORS (John Puskarich-Dan Lipperini)

** We will be having a track day or 2 in March and depending on the Numbers a series starting in April** its important you show up if you can as this will determine the new season and how its run for the year.

Cost
$60 per rider (allowed to ride in as many classes you are elegible-capble of) *covers isurance*
$5 dollar track entrance fee-no more than $10 per carload
$13 pit fee for NON RACERS

More details to follow....post up questions etc.

PLEASE POST UP IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING.

JOHN

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds like fun! I may have to make the trip up sometime. Gonna be pretty busy on the big bike in March, but maybe I can get to some of the races.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I can probably round up some people as well. I'm sure if the dates don't conflict with CCS/WERA that a bunch of people will come out.

Looks like I'll be needing that oil cooler after all!

Again thanks for the effort!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I will be in for this. What day on the weekend? Saturdays would be rough cause I work and got the kids soccer.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'd like to be in, do I understand that my 16" / 19" TTR wheeled bike will not be allowed to run??? If so, I'm out. If not, I'm in.

Barry

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
answers.

Yes-mostly paved with I think a spot or 2 of concrete...if so, not much

NO-as of right NOW-17inch wheel is the max...then again, as a track owner I would assume "they" would want racers to come, youre not the only rider with a TTR with a 19 that has asked this question, owner said 17 MAX, but let me see what I can do. (no promises)

****TENTATIVE**** April 5th seems like the first track day we will have..more info to follow. The schedule is being hashed out as we speak, just trying to take all tracks locally into consideration

JOHN

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If they aren't letting bikes with sportsman setup run, they are turning away a large number of riders. I'll be quite annoyed if that is the case.

Barry

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If they aren't letting bikes with sportsman setup run, they are turning away a large number of riders. I'll be quite annoyed if that is the case.

Barry

I agree with you...Until NOW....they turned everybody away. I know many of us have been trying to use that track for shifters for quite some time now.

if riders out there would be interested in using SH who have the sportsman set up, please post up.....strength in numbers.

JOHN

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks for the info. John,
It looks like no events at VIR this Summer and MA is better than driving to Englishtown all the time. Keep us in the loop and hopefully we can run my there.

:thumbup:

Bobb

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'd like to be in, do I understand that my 16" / 19" TTR wheeled bike will not be allowed to run??? If so, I'm out. If not, I'm in.

Barry
Barry, if they allow up to 17's, you can do what I did on my TTR 125....
find a YZ85 17" front wheel on Ebay or where ever. Think I paid around $75 and it bolted/lined right up after adding an extra washer to one side.
Bike handles and turns better from moving more weight to the front.
Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
answers.

****TENTATIVE**** April 5th seems like the first track day we will have..more info to follow. The schedule is being hashed out as we speak, just trying to take all tracks locally into consideration

JOHN

John, Damn! Can't make it April 5th. We have the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby County Finals.
1st place overall in our Pack 2 years in a row.
April 5th is all the winners from the county district racing for all the marbles at the local Mall.

Hopefully see you at E-town @ March practice.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thanks. Does year matter???

Barry

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks. Does year matter???

Barry
Research it, but it was a wide range of 17"YZ85 front wheels that worked on any TTR125L. It was something like '96-'04 (guessing here)
Mine was from a late 90's and if I recall, the front brake rotor was'nt centered and dragged at first, so I added a washer to one side and it was perfect.

Now if I could only get the motor to wake up get out of it's own way, I'd ride it more. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts