SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
anyone here in San Diego ?

just wondering if there is any kind of meet up her in sd... if not we should start one.
I don't see any recent activity so I'm just throwin out a " net" to get some responses . I hope there are group riding clubs that I can someday ride with ? ( first thing first tho ; gotta convert this 07' WR 450F ) please chime in gang....:hmmm:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't see any recent activity so I'm just throwin out a " net" to get some responses . I hope there are group riding clubs that I can someday ride with ? ( first thing first tho ; gotta convert this 07' WR 450F ) please chime in gang....:hmmm:
We ride up in Orange County, however we used to ride with a supermoto group on facebook until we got kicked off facebook for being a dog. I think they go by San Diego Supermoto on facebook. We did some group rides with 20-30 bikes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks , I've tried " Linking up " with them thru FB also but didn't get a response back , I'd really like to know how to get started with the conversion on my 07' wr450f that I just picked up ( aftermarket parts , plates ,etc....)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks , I've tried " Linking up " with them thru FB also but didn't get a response back , I'd really like to know how to get started with the conversion on my 07' wr450f that I just picked up ( aftermarket parts , plates ,etc....)
I don't know if they are still active, we lost contact with them when we were kicked off facebook. Guey Faux was the leader of the group back then, although I think he may have splintered off with another group (FB riders maybe?).

From my understanding it is not possible to build a street legal supermoto conversion bike in California any longer if the bike was not originally street legal. There are conversion bikes present in CA, but they were all converted before the law was changed years ago. I wanted to do a CR500 2 stroke conversion but I was told it was not possible in CA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
FB sucks!!

I don't know if they are still active, we lost contact with them when we were kicked off facebook. Guey Faux was the leader of the group back then, although I think he may have splintered off with another group (FB riders maybe?).

From my understanding it is not possible to build a street legal supermoto conversion bike in California any longer if the bike was not originally street legal. There are conversion bikes present in CA, but they were all converted before the law was changed years ago. I wanted to do a CR500 2 stroke conversion but I was told it was not possible in CA.

Well let me start by saying FUCK FACE BOOK SDSM. The only reason why I started FB was to stay connected to riders who were moving from Supermoto Junkie to FB. The admins are just on power trips, they got rid of people at their own disgression. I myself, know that I was a threat to them due to my two sense that I'd always add as devils advocate. Them pu$$ies couldn't handle my shit. My experience with that group has been nothing but a bunch off goons and noobs who don't know how to ride and are just trying to be part of this "sumo" fad. From crashes, to tickets to lack of proper bike prep, in almost every group ride..... Too many riders means Murphy's law is always too close for comfort. Supermoto Junkie is where it started and is where it will always be for the "TRUE" sumo riders, IMHO. FB SDSM is just for the beginner millennial's and noobs who have little to no seat time, so yea please stay over at FB to learn how to ride and maybe if they survive and last, step it up to the real rides here at SMJ!! RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Dang, don't be so brutal. I've been on enough group rides, 2-50 riders, I quickly learn whom to trust around my near vicinity and whom I want well enough away from me. The douche on the GSXR 1100 with chin shen tires I want him on a different time zone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe a little brutal, but its what I observed. It was nice to meet others with like riding capabilities. I like to stick to a small number of riders anyways so that we can really get some miles covered and not have to worry about laggers.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
A thing I learned real quick. The douchebags that show up not fueled up, will run out of gas. Do you know why? They don't have FRIGG'N gas money. I always took a mental note of who doesn't fuel at fuel stops, they will run out and have someone siphon gas into their tank, FREE GAS. Everytime the group stops it takes an hour to start to move again. Cigarette breaks, jeesh, vape.

Oops, sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes there are a lot of idiots out riding, and California really seems to amplify the idiot factor due to the legal lane splitting. You should really try the Unity Rides sometime... Close to 1000 bikes (mostly sportbikes) filtering through 6-8 lanes of moving traffic on the 605. The bikes in the carpool lanes are wheeling/stunting, while the guys and their girlfriends riding next to us are petting Cecil at 65mph. Those rides serve their purpose though - they helped Cecil quickly get over his fear of revved up sportbike motors :) Now he loves loud bikes because he knows they are f-a-s-t!

·
Registered
65 Posts
A thing I learned real quick. The douchebags that show up not fueled up, will run out of gas. Do you know why? They don't have FRIGG'N gas money. I always took a mental note of who doesn't fuel at fuel stops, they will run out and have someone siphon gas into their tank, FREE GAS. Everytime the group stops it takes an hour to start to move again. Cigarette breaks, jeesh, vape.

Oops, sorry for the rant.

...and the 30 minute stops to launch the drones. As for running out of gas I don't need to worry, once the tank runs dry we switch into sled-dog mode!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Big rides can be FUN ~ kart tracks are a blast !

Yes there are a lot of idiots out riding,
and California really seems to amplify the idiot factor due to the legal lane splitting.

You should really try the Unity Rides sometime . . .

Close to 1000 bikes (mostly sport bikes) filtering through 6-8 lanes of moving traffic on the 605.

The bikes in the carpool lanes are wheeling/stunting,
while the guys and their girlfriends riding next to us are petting Cecil at 65 mph.

Those rides serve their purpose though - they helped Cecil quickly get over his fear of revved up sportbike motors :)

Now he loves loud bikes because he knows they are f-a-s-t!
http://www.westcoastsportbikes.org/index.php?topic=30.0

Getting past by a scooter ~^~ will put you in your place . . .

21 - 32 of 32 Posts