SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEN: Monday, Labor Day. 0900 (9:00am)

WhERE: World Market gas station on the 905 is the meeting spot. (get gas here!)
From there we will take 905 east until it dead ends. Then left (north) towards Donovan Correctional Facility. We turn right at the sign for "Alta Mexican Food" and ride up the gravel and dirt road 900 meters in elevation (about 8 miles of dirt road) to the top of the mountain.

WHO:??? me for sure. anyone? anyone?

pics from previous ride are here: http://rowdystyle.blogspot.com/2008/08/wr250x-supermoto-ride-to-otay-mountain.htmlhttp://rowdystyle.blogspot.com/2008/08/wr250x-supermoto-ride-to-otay-mountain.html

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my directions were kind of vague, 5 or 805 south. then 905 east. meet at world market fuel station.

we will then take 905 (otay mesa road) east until it hits alta road. left or north on alta road until the sign/turn for the mexican restaurant. then we will head up what is basically otay mountain truck trail. hell, you can even google map "dog house" and you will find part of the trail.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Ooooo, that sounds like fun!
The 905 is a long way from home but I'll see what I can do. I grew up in CV so that's kinda my old stomping grounds.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it is sucky to have to slog down on the freeway basically to mexico before the 'real ride' starts. but oh well, guess that is why we have street legal bikes and not race bikes with lights. =) well, some of us anyways...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Well, I hate to be the flake, but...
My foot is hurting me and it's most likely not a good idea to spend that much time on the bike. I have a stress fracture in my forefoot that I've ben trying to ignore.

But I expect the rest of you to show up and shoot some video.

If the foots feeling better on Sunday I might try to make it, but it's looking grim.

·
Registered
179 Posts
just maybe for me. depends on my dirt bike prep. if it goes well then I'll take the DRZ out for that day

·
Registered
179 Posts
WHEN: Monday, Labor Day. 0900 (9:00am)

WhERE: World Market gas station on the 905 is the meeting spot. (get gas here!)
From there we will take 905 east until it dead ends. Then left (north) towards Donovan Correctional Facility. We turn right at the sign for "Alta Mexican Food" and ride up the gravel and dirt road 900 meters in elevation (about 8 miles of dirt road) to the top of the mountain.

WHO:??? me for sure. anyone? anyone?

pics from previous ride are here: http://rowdystyle.blogspot.com/2008/08/wr250x-supermoto-ride-to-otay-mountain.htmlhttp://rowdystyle.blogspot.com/2008/08/wr250x-supermoto-ride-to-otay-mountain.html

ok 805s to 905 E then where would the gas station be?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it is at the intersection of 905E/otay mesa road and La Media Road. If I have to, i will ride down there today to make sure.

for those of you coming, my cell is 619 694 0702 if you need to call or text. i am leaving from the 15 and 8 area if anyone is near there and wants to buzz down the freeway together....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm going to meet up with you guys also. Fairly new to motard but not street bikes or dirtbikes. Have not had the tard off asphalt much. I'm on a black 06 DRZ. Erik

·
Registered
179 Posts
I will try my best. I'f I send you a text, then I am on my way, if you dont hear from me, then that means I overslept (Been working nights) so my bed time is 5:00 am. I want to try it out

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man. So a guy I was riding down there with got a flat tire on the way. Stopping and helping him be able to get back home had me running 20 minutes late.

Then the gas station we were meeting at, the pumps were closed!! So then we decided to wait for someone who would be a little late, later than I already was down at the 7/11 gas station on the intersection i mentioned in the posts.

I spilled gas all over my hands fueling up.

Finally all 3 of us were together and ready to go. So we went.

Up and over Otay Mountain. Down and out near Dulzura on Morran Road. Took the 94 in, to Otay Lakes Road and Telegraph Canyon then back on the freeway.

Where I promptly hit a big plastic tarp/bag thing that got all tangled and wrapped around me, forcing me to stop by the side of the road and get undone.

From my house, the whole ride, and back was about 90 miles. almost 20 of it dirt road. Fun Fun.

DRZ/ DRZ and WRX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a great time. My DRZ handled the dirt great. I was expecting the front to slip alot more but was quite solid. I will be looking around for more dirt roads on the map now!! Passed 2 sport bikes after I turned around and headed back on Otay Lakes Rd. Glad the plastic bag didn't take you out. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
that was a lot of fun guys. i'll definately be hitting that route up again.

glad you got rid of that bag ok rowdy. i saw you looking down at it like WTF?!?!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts