SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm a new guy and I've found two interesting bikes to invest in, the 2009 DRZ400SM has 2100miles on it and is 3800$, and the other which I can't get the pic to upload is on Ebay and is a 2009 DRZ400S with 816 miles for 3600$(which I would convert to an SM) What do you think? Thoughts/opinions? Help would be much appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...48541&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#v4-33

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SM has a 3x3 mod with a jet kit and the S is completely stock, still worth it? I feel like the carb wouldnt be right, or is an easy fix if it is?

·
Registered
81 Posts
you would spend another 1000$ to convert the wheels, a bunch more money to do the suspension.....

do the SM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SM it is then, I have read a lot about conversions(wheels, tires, suspension) but it does seem better to buy SM

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
+1 for the sm. And if you do get the sm, for the love of god get of the red on it. :headshake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy I talked to said the copper color would come off with paint remover as for the red yes I would get rid of that. I would probably get it powder coated black, get an MRD/SSW exhaust, and an edge taillight kit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts