SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a rm125 and i was hoping to strap on a headlight, probably trailtech x2, but i dont want to have to buy a stater and all that, i was hoping i could maybe run my headlight off of a seperate little battery tucked behind the headlight? any ideas? is this even possible?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i have a rm125 and i was hoping to strap on a headlight, probably trailtech x2, but i dont want to have to buy a stater and all that, i was hoping i could maybe run my headlight off of a seperate little battery tucked behind the headlight? any ideas? is this even possible?
You'll have to go with something LED if you want it to last more than a few minutes...

Look up ADV Monster lights. You may have to come up with a lithium battery pack if you want to stick it up front.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
if u are good with a soldering gun, u can use an old drill battery, and rig it all up with some qick disconnect plugs so u can still charge it. just use good heavy wire to be safe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would look at some of the mountain bike lights available. They make a number of systems with LED lights and rechargeable battery packs. Cam.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. adv lights look very possible. im thinking maybe clamp 1 or 2 lights on the fork and cut out holes for them on the number plate...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I would look at some of the mountain bike lights available. They make a number of systems with LED lights and rechargeable battery packs. Cam.
That's what I'm using. Small and portable. Comes off in seconds. 1700 lumens and last hours. Way better than my stock 35w AC headlight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a rm125 and i was hoping to strap on a click here headlight, probably trailtech x2, but i dont want to have to buy a stater and all that, i was hoping i could maybe run my headlight off of a seperate little battery tucked behind the headlight? any ideas? is this even possible?
I think you can go with led lights as they consume less power

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use a 12v- 2ampHr (about the same as a power tool battery) rc battery for my 200exc i put on the road for every light EXCEPT headlight and tail because it has a tiny stator. The battery lasts me all summer basically running my turn signals and horn. Its low weight (hand scales says around a pound)

would work for a head light but due the math.. your headlight is either 35 or 55watts (like a trail tech) at 12 volts thats 3 to 4.6 amps. so thats around 40 minutes of run time for the 35 watt or 25 minutes before you need to recharge....MAYBE doable if you just turn your lights off whenever you dont need em....also i cant imagine your tank lasts much longer than that :rofl:

I just have a lil charger that i hook up with a quick connect plug that takes me 30secs to start chargin' and for a full battery it normally charges in around an 1hr?

Bottom line: get an LED headlight if you want a battery powering it....

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
That's what I'm using. Small and portable. Comes off in seconds. 1700 lumens and last hours. Way better than my stock 35w AC headlight.
plus two... I have a buddy that uses those MB lights... they are really amazing...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hey guys. Has anyone tried out one of these? I am about to buy one. Looks really promising! Ebay. $50.00 8 amp hrs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts