SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN

http://www.xtrm.com/web/Participant...?Y0JRLquXEmuHV/xLrGB4+ePt+b8OnoDkImZqd+JLC9w=

SupermotoUSA Round 3 Event Schedule

Thursday, June 9th

Dirt Track Slide School - See Arenacross-TT for details.
Friday, June 10th

Supermoto School - See California Supermoto Schools for details.
Saturday, June 11 – Asphalt Only Racing / Open Practice / Track day

7:30am Gates Open
8:00am Regsitration and Tech for Saturday classes
9:00am Practice
10:00am Heat Races
12:30pm Main Events
Race order for Exhibition Heats and Mains
Lightweight Asphalt Motard (up to 230cc)
Mini Asphalt Motard (up to 110cc)
Beginner Asphalt Motard (Open displacement)
Open Asphalt Motard
Fast Girls Challenge
3:00pm – 7:00pm Open Practice – Supermoto (Non Racers Welcome)
4:00pm – 6:00pm Registration and Tech for Sunday classes
Sunday, June 12 – Supermoto USA Nor-Cal Championship Round 3

7:30am Gates Open
8:00am Regsitration and Tech
9:00am Practice
10:00am Riders Meeting (attendance mandatory)
10:30am Heat Races
1:30pm Main Events
Race Order for NorCal Championship Heats and Mains
65/125
Vet45
250 Pro/Am
Beginner/Sportsman
Open B "Intermediate"
85/150
Adult Mini
400 Am
Unlimited Pro/Am
Open C (Novice)
Vet30
Details

Hampton Inn & Suites in Folsom is offering a discount for SupermotoUSA race weekends: Click Here to reserve.
Saturday Exhibition class heat race grid positions will be based on order of pre entry, then random for all post entry's
NorCal Championship classes grids determined by points standings
Race entry fees –
1st class - $60. additional classes $40.
*add $10. for post entry (first class only)
Practice: ½ day $30. all day $40.
Saturday Practice is open to all riders, racing or not.
Pit Pass / gate fee $10. - Under 6 free.
Transponder rental: $60 - full season; no more waiting in line – transponder is assigned to you for entire season. Or $20 - single event; Drivers license held as deposit for single event rentals.
SMUSA license required to compete, one day cards ($10.) available at sign ups.
96 Dba sound limits are enforced at Prairie City.
FREE overnight camping! No hookups.
Park gates close at 7pm.
All Dogs must be leashed at all times!
NO pit riding - riding in other areas of the park is allowed only during park hours, at no additional cost, as long as your bike is legal to do so.
CA state laws and park regulations apply to all.
Everyone over 6 years old must have wrist band on at all times!

·
Registered
901 Posts
vet 40 again please

·
Registered
901 Posts
you also forgot to add, make sure you have your regstration for your bike all squared away......Rangers love to give tickets

·
Registered
82 Posts
also links to said websites: arenacrosstt and supermoto schools are helpfull! ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Round 3 Deals

As promised, Sign up in advance online and save time and money!

* SMUSA members will recieve $5. Per Class discount when signing up online.
* SMUSA members get a 3rd racing class for only $10.
* SMUSA members will get a 4th division FREE (per day)
* Non Members save $10. by signing up on line. Membership is NOT required to race in the "non Championship classes" heat race grid positions are based on order of sign up (pre entry only)

* SMUSA Member price for "non championship (Saturday) classes" is only $40. and $10. for third class FREE! 4th class

** VET 40 added to Saturdays schedule - :clap:

Saturday Practice has been reduced to $25. for Members and $40. for Non members. Anyone entered to race on Saturday will get optional practice for $25. Saturday afternoon practice (3-7pm) will include Dirt section.

USE this Link to save time and money. Pre enter here: http://www.xtrm.com/web/Promoter/Event/EventInformation.aspx?3lrNzqd3KTVFpeMzGy387w==12abc12

·
Registered
901 Posts
** VET 40 added to Saturdays schedule - :clap:

bummer can't make that

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I cant wait!! just need tire warmers and I should be fully setup, ready to compete. My new tires just started stickin like clue in the last few laps of the last race.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am slightly confused as to the schedule vs the sign up options.
On the schedule, I see:

Beginner Asphalt
Beginner/Sportsman

On the sign up page, I see:

Open Beginner
Open Asphalt
(And no Beginner Asphalt or beginner/sportsman)

I was trying to sign up for:

Open Beginner
Beginner Asphalt
Novice

What I got was:
Open Beginner
Open Asphalt
Novice

If "open asphalt" on XTRM is an anything goes class with a bunch of pros, I'm going to get my a$$ handed to me by all of you fast, fourteen year old little bastards. :D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
they look for reg. on bikes there for aclosed course? Mine isnt reg. its a track only bike for me :hmmm:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Unfortunately, in California, you actually need to have either some sort of registration, or a "motorcycle transportation permit" to legally move your bike anywhere off of your own property. There is a thread stuck up at the top of this forum regarding this issue.

Since PC is a state park, the rangers check this type of thing.
Your choices are the $18 transpo permit, none of which goes to support OHV riding in the state of california, but is cheap and permanent, or the $50 odd dollar OHV red/green sticker that expires in two years, but keeps the trails open.
Or you can just wing it and hope they don't care that day.

Your choice.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i didnt no there is a transport fee, what do factory guys do that dont have a vin on the bike? I have two other bike one is plated and one dual reg. green/plate, didnt bother with the sm cuz its a track only bike, not sure i even have paper work for it anymore FML lol

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
431 Posts
For what it is worth . . .

I have brought sumo bikes to PC at least 15 times in the last year or so. I always pull up to the shack and let them know I am heading to the kart track or Brok's dirt track. Once you tell them that then they understand that they do not need to collect money from you for park entry.

Out of the 15+ times only once did a ranger start to look at my bike after they knew I was going to one of the closed course tracks. The one time that the ranger started to walk back to look at my bike I let him know that the bike is registered but I don't keep a sticker on it and also that I don't have a spark arrestor. I also mentioned that I didn't need either of those things since I was riding on a closed course. The ranger looked a little confused and looked over at a more senior ranger who was watching. The senior ranger said "He's right - have fun" and off I went.

I've heard a lot of people talk about rangers writing tickets but I've never actually talked to anyone who was turned around at the gate or ticketed while bringing a sumo bike to the track.

Once in, if you leave the track and go ride in other areas of the park without the appropriate sticker and spark arrestor you are definitely subject to a ticket.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
For what it is worth . . .

I have brought sumo bikes to PC at least 15 times in the last year or so. I always pull up to the shack and let them know I am heading to the kart track or Brok's dirt track. Once you tell them that then they understand that they do not need to collect money from you for park entry.

Out of the 15+ times only once did a ranger start to look at my bike after they knew I was going to one of the closed course tracks. The one time that the ranger started to walk back to look at my bike I let him know that the bike is registered but I don't keep a sticker on it and also that I don't have a spark arrestor. I also mentioned that I didn't need either of those things since I was riding on a closed course. The ranger looked a little confused and looked over at a more senior ranger who was watching. The senior ranger said "He's right - have fun" and off I went.

I've heard a lot of people talk about rangers writing tickets but I've never actually talked to anyone who was turned around at the gate or ticketed while bringing a sumo bike to the track.

Once in, if you leave the track and go ride in other areas of the park without the appropriate sticker and spark arrestor you are definitely subject to a ticket.
I had no problem last 2 times either, just told them I was going to the track and went right through.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
ok thanks guys, just dont want to make the drive from so cal and get denied at the gate lol see you guys there :thumbup:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Here is another perspective . . .

The Hangtown MX track, Brok's dirt track and the Kart track are all independent businesses that are operating within a state park.

I doubt that all the karters, AMA motocrossers, amateur motocrossers and the D36 flat trackers are required to have spark arrestors and stickers when they come to use a closed course at PC. Supermoto on the kart track is no different.

·
Registered
190 Posts
They don't require sparkies at all for those courses. They actually tried to turn me around once for not having a sparkie because the ranger was having a brain fart, and didn't get what I was telling her about only going to the kart track. Once she snapped out of it with an "Ohhhhhh. Sorry!" Everything was fine.
On the flipside, the moto transportation permit thing is a state law. I just went ahead and got the permit, and will soon be green stickering my bike, anyway. Never tried to get in the gates without it, so I don't have *any* experience as to how much they really care.

·
Registered
330 Posts
or the $50 odd dollar OHV red/green sticker that expires in two years, but keeps the trails open.
Unfortunately that's not the case as the OHV fund was recently raided yet again to help keep the state solvent. The fund still hasn't been paid back from the last time this happened...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts