SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, sorry to annoy you guys with probably stale questions, but i briefly perused the forum (and others) and cant seem to find the answer im looking for.
i have a 2000 wr400f. its street legal, but has dirt wheels/tires.
i've sought out your council to find out what wheels will fit on my particular bike. ive found a lot of people have done this on the 01 and up 450's but im not savvy as to how similar the 450's are to the 400's.
does yamaha make wheels that will easily swap out? can i get them cheaper through a different company?

id like to keep it as simple as possible due to the fact 1) i have limited tools, 2) im more electrically inclined than mechanically, but can fake my way most of the times.
i hope this exact question isnt obviously posted somewhere, but if it is a link would be satisfactory as well.

TL,DR -on a 2000 wrf 400 - what wheels should i be seeking out for an adequate motard?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 400 is going to be different than the 450, but the wheels may swap over. Either way, the 450's don't come stock with SM wheels. The easiest thing to do would be to call up one of the SM places like Motostrano and just order some Excel, Warp 9, etc wheels from them and just bolt them up. But that won't be the cheapest way.

I'm still learning about the SM's so I'm sure someone else can give you better info than me as to what wheels will fit. Welcome and good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
All yzs and wrs from 99 to 09 will take the same wheels. The only difference was in 09 the yz's got a bigger rear axle. Wr's stayed the same. The 98 yz/wr400 were the only different ones.

Be on the lookout in the classifieds, those are pretty common bikes. You can find used sets pretty cheap.

Easiest option would be warp 9's, that would put you just over $1000 with tires. Cheaper option would be buy warp 9 rims and lace them to your stock hubs for probley $500 plus tires

1 - 3 of 3 Posts