SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend let me take his DRZ for a spin...all I can say is the carb + big bore...exhaust...etc...

WOW...short ride but a true hooligan ride! Took it behind a grocery store, jumped the landing docks then wheelies the rest of the way...too much fun.

Needless to say I know what my next mods are :thumbup:

For those considering the mods, take my word it's worth it! Night and Day difference and that was a short (nice) ride...:bowdown:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was wondering if there was a signifcant difference. I ride mine on the track only, and would like to have more power.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so yesterday I rode my friend's Husky 610 to compare. The Husky has more power but the delivery is IMO too "sweet" up top the bike is a beast but it almost felt too refined if that makes sense.

The suspension was rock solid although, the way my friend had his set up it didn't give enough feedback...I like to know everything that is going on.

Husky is a great bike but I think the DRZ with the carb + big bore is the route I'm going.

Now, where to get the big bore + carb is a different story. Although, I would like input from someone who just has the carb...what would be the best route? Just the carb? Just the big bore kit? Or both? What I'm asking is does the carb make the bigger difference or is it the kit? Or is it simply a combination of both? Insights?

·
Registered
923 Posts
the 610 is more cc and is only 300 pounds , so 210 more cc and almost 100 pounds difference . not far to compare

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I thought 610's were actually 570's? Maybe just the older ones?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
A 39mm FCR makes more power per dollar. Both a big bore kit and the carb effect power across the entire rev range. But changing to just an FCR will give more power than, let's say, just the Athena 434cc kit. Obviously the comparison changes depending on how big the piston kit is. It's possible to stretch the DRZ lump out to 510cc. 13.5:1 piston, stroker crank, machined cases, lighter rod, etc. If tuned right, with the right cams and a 41mm FCR, 60whp is not out of the question. But now we're getting into the $7,000 range, and it would be useless on the street. So, going that extreme with a DRZ is down right retarded. One could build an injected '08 RMZ450 for less money, with at least equal performance.

BTW, a DRZ is just under 350lbs full wet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts