SuperMoto Junkie banner

road trip on new wr250x

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  jeffthedccguy 
#1 ·
ok so the new wr250x has 550 miles done the first oil change question is, is the bike ready for a 250 mile road trip 70 percent highway at 70mph or should i wait untill the motor is broken in more??

#4 ·
I agree, that's what road trips are for. I am thinking about getting one of these over the weekend and I plan to take mine straight from the garage on a 400 mile road trip through Arkansas, come home change the oil and hit the track next time out. 2 schools of thought on break in baby the hell out of it for a few hundred miles or ride the damn thing out of the box as you intend to ride it after the break in procedure. I have done both with the same results. Have Fun!!!! :thumbup:

Eric

#8 ·
Is this a defined programming thing in the ECU, or just something you noticed? I've only got about 400 miles on mine so far as the damn things been torn apart since last week. The bike isn't broke mind you, I'm just waiting for some SM parts to show up so I can ride in the sportsman class in the coming months. I've been told by people that know more than me this is a great cheater bike for that class... :rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.