SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of someone out there modifying swingarms for RMZ's and other MX bikes? On my '08 RMZ450, it is extremely tight clearance between the chain, tire, and swingarm, using a 5.0 rim. I have the wheel cheated right with the addition of a shim, a shaved spacer on the brake side, and the chain adjustor blocks adjusted so that the brake-side is one mark rearward from the sprocket-side. I still get chain nibble on the edge of the tire, and am barely clearing the swingarm itself on the brake-side sidewall of the tire.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have a rmz 09, running a 5,5. i can't see any mods at the swingarm, only the bolts of the chain slider (under the wingarm / at the rear sprocket) are changed. Now the bolt head (changed to countersunk) is in the inside and the nut is on the outside, this will give you a little more space when mounting/removing the wheel.

i run a excel pro hub with its own spacer so i can't help you with the spacing. And i really have to adjust the rear wheel perfectly straight, otherwise the chain eats the rim and the tire scrubs the right side of the swingarm.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes that swingarms are very nice but to expensive for me!

the cost over 2200 euro / 3200 usd

i might modify the swingarm in a few weeks so the tire don't scrub on the right side and i have to look for a chainslider above the swingarm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
On my 07 it's a B*tch getting the wheel in, but works fine once it's there.

I've seen people, J.R. on here for example, putting aprilia swingarms on rmzs. That would be a whole lot cheaper than the $3200 option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts