SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
As long as you guys aren't death marching it, you'll be fine. I'd do it in a heartbeat, and provided your using secondary roads, it would be awesome. A REALLY good seat, luggage rack / tail bag, maybe a GPS if none of the others have one, and you're all set. I've done right at 400 miles in a day no problem, and that was hard riding. The only thing that sucks on longer trips is getting blasted by the wind the whole time. But if you're riding twisty stuff the whole time, it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm a freaking pussy then. I have to ride 22 miles each way to get to dragon-like twisties and I hate it. I honestly don't see how someone could do a 300 or 400 mile day on a sumo.

But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm a freaking pussy then. I have to ride 22 miles each way to get to dragon-like twisties and I hate it. I honestly don't see how someone could do a 300 or 400 mile day on a sumo.
But that's just me.
I feel for you - I live about a mile from this old deserted road. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts

But that's just me.
Pussy :lol: JK man, with the stocker I feel your pain. I've actually done lots of 300 mile days, our average last year was 250 every Saturday and again on Sunday, all good twisties too. Next to suspension, a good seat is hands down the best money you can spend on your sumo. Lots of things may make the bike more fun to ride, but what good are they if you don't want to ride it for more than 30 minutes? I can't say enough good things about the guys at Renazco racing. The wait is long, but it's well worth it, and custom built just for you

·
Registered
849 Posts
Same as HPIguy. I found my Husky seat way too hard for anything other than short trips. A combination of finding the correct suspension settings and (lower) tyre pressures plus a rebuilt seat have made a huge difference.

Now the bumps are soaked up and apart from the fuel tank's abysmal range :rant: distances are more do-able.

Check out the company I used, can't praise them enough and they really took the time with me sat on the seat, to get the foaming right :thumbup:

http://www.saxonseats.co.uk/

21 - 27 of 27 Posts