SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the SX silencer flow better than the EXC silencer??

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why the hell don't they put them on smr's

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 06 smr came w/ exc can

·
Registered
740 Posts
All SMR's in the US come with the EXC spark arrested can. EPA is probably to blame there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 06 525SX full system and need a spark arrester if someone wants to trade, also have a full Akropovic ti evolution system also

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have a 06 SMR that came with a EXC can straight from the factory, PM me if interested. It is brand new and I never ran the bike with it on, but the dealer prepped the bike and started it that's all. I have a Ti FMF system complete off my 04 SMR if any one is interested as well.

T

·
Registered
537 Posts
The SMR has a can that says EXC on the side but the insides are only SMR. If you look at the fische the inside parts are labeled "SMR"..

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Oh yeah and where is it that somone said the EXC canister is U.S. Forest Service Approved for a Spark Arrestor????? NOT.......there is NO screen inside and it is NOT STAMPED anywhere about being approved. I am thinking they are just using the EXC housing and putting SX type "unthrottled" parts inside...........

·
Registered
198 Posts
On a similar note, does anyone happen to know if a 06 SX header is the same as an 06 EXC header? They look very similar but the part numbers are slightly different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts