SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be good for me to join since I'll be getting a motard very soon. I want to learn as much as possible about the DRZ 400 SM...which is what I'll be getting and sooo excited!:)

I'm a chick that grew up with riding horses and motorcycles. I was more of a quad rider...but always interested in motorcycles. Anyways...great to be here, you all seem to be nice people.

-becky

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Hi Becky. Congrats on the new bike and welcome to THE forum. You'll find a wealth of info on the DRZSM here, as for many years the only real "starter" SM from the factory. I've not owned one, though I've heard the mantra enough; "Do the 3X3 mod!" The only real suggestions I can give are to take a MSF course, if you don't ride already; it helps take the "fear" out of learning to ride. Make sure you get appropriate gear, and ignore the requests to post pictures of you naked on the bike. The guys in here don't get out into social situations much. :lol:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Becky. ignore the requests to post pictures of you naked on the bike. The guys in here don't get out into social situations much. :lol:
lol you know this COULD be a guy right? lol i know a guy named becky, i just thought it was funny

btw welcome to smj!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi Becky. Congrats on the new bike and welcome to THE forum. You'll find a wealth of info on the DRZSM here, as for many years the only real "starter" SM from the factory. I've not owned one, though I've heard the mantra enough; "Do the 3X3 mod!" The only real suggestions I can give are to take a MSF course, if you don't ride already; it helps take the "fear" out of learning to ride. Make sure you get appropriate gear, and ignore the requests to post pictures of you naked on the bike. The guys in here don't get out into social situations much. :lol:
NUDE PICS!!!

Sorry, I do have an inappropriate side to me. Welcome to the board! Got any pics of the horses? While I didn't grow up around them, my cousin had a few that she did lots of shows with. And I ended up dating a number of girls that were big into horseback riding. I'm an animal lover and have had loads of pets, always thought a horse would be my least wanted animal, but found out how cool they really are. Very interesting animals to say the least! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
so whats this i hear about nude pics on the bike? lol jk

always good to see another chick on a sumo!

welcome, and enjoy your stay:thumbup:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome to the "dark" side!!!!
You'll LOVE the DRZ:thumbup: I recently changed over from the SportBike world and Sumos are WAY more fun:D The DRZ is the perfect choice for your first Tard. not as fast as a KTM or Husky but a whole lot less service and just as fun (if not more) on the street. Really all you need to know is....Pipe....Jetkit....3X3 mod......thats it. the motors are bulletproof and the service is few and far between so the only thing you have to worry about is getting busted on one wheel!:thumbup: (it's impossable to own a supermoto and not drive like a Numbnut!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
lol you know this COULD be a guy right? lol i know a guy named becky, i just thought it was funny
...I'm a chick that grew up with riding horses and motorcycles......

reading comprehension > you. :thumbup::lol:

welcome to the madness becky. and dont worry, we wont all ask you to post nudes........thats what email is for.

:lol: j/k
welcome to the forum... i second the comment on the MSF course.. the key to the course is it isnt about riding, the largest thing you can get from it is how to think about being on the street with a bike. saved my butt a few times.. best money i ever spent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow...You all are so nice and awesome! Thanks for all the help so far:D

I am a horse trainer..ride the hunter/jumpers so I got some guts!

My brother nick actually just bought a DRZ 400sm two days ago and last night he got in an accident on the bike and ended up in the hospital. He is ok, broke a rib and fractured his wrist but I'm just glad he didn't hurt himself too bad. His mistake was not leaning enough into the turn getting on the freeway and I guess crashed on the side of the road and hit some rocks ...thank God he bought a jacket before that bc his elbow would be pretty fucked if he had not. I'm for sure going to take a class on how to ride the bike when I get one...I think he should have too.

Anyways, thanks again and I'll watch out for the nude pics? haha...im not doin that!!!:headshake

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
breaking a rib isnt " hurting himself too bad" ?:hmmm:

Welcome first and foremost.

Secondly : If you'd like to stay a while, take a rider safety course ( your brother too! ) and see if you cant squeeze some longevity out of this novetly.

I've been hit, low sided, high sided, looped - never broken a bone ( though stitches were required once ) -- practice makes perfect ( over 25 get offs @ speeds ranging from 45mph to 110 [ some track ] --- I'm 26 yrs old - no reason for your life to "call it a day" too soon, be smart - wear some fucking gear ! ) .

Third: If you're going to ride beyond your ability - come prepared - wear a full suit and a proper helmet - DONT DRIVE MY FUCKING INSURANCE BILL UP BECAUSE YOUR ASS IS DETERMINED TO HAMBURGER THE SHIT OUT OF THE HIGHWAY

/brushes self off

Welcome :D
:bike::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I'm only guessing here, but if she grew up riding horses, a busted rib isn't that big of a deal. I dated a girl that broke BOTH of her ankles, but still rode her horses. She just had pops lift her up by her knee and thigh.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm always amazed at the reaction Girls get when they are here. Hope your brother gets healed up fast. Now that the "take the course" "wear gear" has be beat to death, I would like to instead wish you luck and lots of fun on the supermoto. Sounds like you've picked the perfect bike to get started on too. Those strong legs from riding horses will come in handy, I used to ride quite a bit. I always found equestrian girls to be very laid back, down to earth and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats awesome! what kinda riding? My legs are very strong...haha! Ridind 4-6 horses per day 5 days per week for the past year has really built up the strength. I'm ready for my drz 400 NOW! Thanks for the post

1 - 18 of 18 Posts