SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Once again, I am looking at making some minor changes to my '06 DRZ...this time I would like to buy a better clutch lever than the stock one.

Something that is adjustable, and can be operated with one or two fingers so that it does not interfere with my gloves. (I really want to be able to clutch up)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Duedog.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
One word: Zeta! :thumbup:

Get them from Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply. Best levers on the planet from the place with about the best customer service on the planet.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Here's a replacement clutch lever that I put on my bike a while ago.

I got a Moose shorty lever and copied the contour of the original to fit the stock perch. Lever was cheap, and it works well. You can adjust at the cable adjuster on the perch. :thumbup:

Then, a couple weeks ago, I decided to clean up the wires on the handlebar. Removed the "clutch cancel switch, and I installed a Moose quick-adjust perch in place of the stock one, & another shorty lever. Gave "blockpass270" my old Moose shorty lever.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Another + for The Zeta,Wheeling Cycle Supply, and Forrest...I have the Zeta after breaking the stock clutch lever and bending the stock bars, in an unloading accident...Its very inexpensive,fits on the stock mount, and easy to install.. I also added Zeta bark busters and covers...

Kelly

·
Registered
67 Posts
... I would like to buy a better clutch lever than the stock one. Something that is adjustable, and can be operated with one or two fingers so that it does not interfere with my gloves.
I have the Zeta lever, too, and it's a very nice piece of equipment. The one I got is called the "three finger" lever, and that is a very good name for it. If you use two fingers, the lever will clamp down on your ring finger when you declutch. If you use three fingers, it's perfect.

Just thought I'd mention that since you specifically said you intend to use only one or two fingers. I do "clutchless" shifting about half the time. The other half of the time I use two fingers on the clutch lever and don't pull it in very far. But once in a while I give my ring finger a good mashing with the end of the lever.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I have the Zeta lever, too, and it's a very nice piece of equipment. The one I got is called the "three finger" lever, and that is a very good name for it. If you use two fingers, the lever will clamp down on your ring finger when you declutch. If you use three fingers, it's perfect.

Just thought I'd mention that since you specifically said you intend to use only one or two fingers. I do "clutchless" shifting about half the time. The other half of the time I use two fingers on the clutch lever and don't pull it in very far. But once in a while I give my ring finger a good mashing with the end of the lever.

You can adjust the lever so that it doesnt hit your ring finger....I use 2 fingers and the lever never touches my ring finger. The Zeta lever has a miriad of adjustments and with a little tinkering it will work with 2 fingers...

Kelly

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once again; nothing but good advice.:bowdown:

Thanks all for the assistance. (this sure beats trial and error)

I think I will go with the Zeta levers from Wheeling...they are a good bunch to deal with.:thumbup:

Take care,

Duedog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts